Chapter Twenty One - Cliff Diving

"This is Emily's house. Sam's imprint, don't stare" He said and she looked at him. "You'll see" He said and she nodded. She knew if she had a beating heart, it would be pounding right now. "Don't worry, Emily's really nice. The boys, well, they won't do anything I promise" He said and she smiled. "You're safe with me" He said kissing the side of her head before slowly leading her out of the woods and towards the house. "Just relax" He muttered to her feeling her grip his hand uncomfortably tight, but he didn't say anything.

Before she knew it he was opening the door and they walked inside. Instantly all eyes were on her. Her hand gripped Embry's even tighter making his clench his jaw trying not to say anything. However, she heard him take in a quick breath and her head snapped towards him. She instantly saw he was in pain and looked down at their hands. Her eyes widened and she let go of his hand.

"I'm so sorry" She said and he rubbed his hand moving his fingers.

"It's alright" He said giving her a smile. "I can still feel everything" He joked but she didn't laugh. He cleared his throat and looked at everyone. "Alison this is Paul, Jared, Sam and that's Emily" He introduced pointing to each person. She looked around before stopping at Emily. She had scars on her face from what Alison assumed was a wolf claw. To be honest, she had seen worse and she thought Emily looked beautiful.

"Thank you, for inviting me" She said to Emily trying not to show how nervous she was.

"Well, it was hard to say no to Embry" Emily said with a smile.

"He wouldn't shut up about it" Jared spoke up. "This was the only way to get some peace and quiet around here" He said and she smiled rubbing her arm nervously. Embry knew she was uncomfortable and wanted to help but didn't know how. So he just reached over and rubbed her back, she instinctively took a step closer to him.

"So, when are you guys going to the cliffs?" Emily spoke up breaking the awkward silence.

"Well now that those two decided to finally show up, I guess we can go now" Paul said standing up. Alison smirked automatically wanting to sell Embry out but he was quicker.

"Girls, right? They take forever" He said laughing nervously. Alison turned towards him crossing her arms not about to take the fall for this.

"Nice try, bro" Paul said patting his shoulder. They already knew what had happened.

"You know, since we're late, why don't you have her just carry you to the cliffs, might be faster" Jared joked following Paul outside. Embry groaned but Alison smirked happily.

"Come on" Embry muttered going to grab her hand but she didn't let him. She walked outside leaving Embry standing there confused.

"Come on, lover boy" Sam said leading him out of the house after kissing Emily. Embry looked at Alison wondering if she was actually mad at him but she just smiled. They all began walking through the woods, the three boys walking ahead of them. Alison still felt extremely out of place and wished to just go back home, but she knew Embry really wanted this.

"You know this is my first time too" Embry said and Alison looked at him.

"Really?" She asked and he nodded.

"I haven't been a wolf for that long and we're usually so busy but with most of your family gone, Sam thinks we could have some off time" He said and she looked away at the mention of her family. She was beyond annoyed and upset with Edward, but she still loved him and she missed him, all of them very much. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought them up" He said realizing his mistake.

"Don't be sorry. They chose to leave, I chose to stay. I don't regret my decision, I'll see them again. I know Edward and I've seen him around Bella... they won't stay apart forever" She said and Embry nodded.

"Have you heard anything from them?" Sam asked and she looked at him.

"No, they aren't keeping in contact with us. I think they're in Alaska with another coven but I can't be sure. Not all of us left on the greatest of terms" She said and Sam nodded not saying anything else. Embry took this moment to try and grab her hand again but she continued to avoid it.

"What's wrong?" He asked her quietly.

"I don't want to hurt you again" She whispered to him.

"You didn't hurt me the first time" He said lifting his hand. "See? Not even a bruise" He said.

"Yea, that time" She said. "I can't afford to get careless around you, I know you heal faster than humans but I'm not going to risk it."

"So, what? You're not going to hold my hand anymore?" He asked and she sighed crossing her arms. "You were nervous, Ali, you didn't mean it" He said and she glanced at him.

"Hey, love birds!" Paul shouted getting their attention. "We're here" He said and they walked out of the tree line.

"Holy shit" Embry muttered noticing how high they were from the water. He gulped nervously.

"Don't worry, Embry, your girlfriend can lead you down" Jared said smirking. Embry ignored him as his stomach turned over and over. However, something caught his attention that made him forget all about his nervousness. His eyes were glued on Alison as she took her cover off leaving her in only a blue bikini. Even Jared and Paul were impressed.

However, Paul saw an opportunity. He nudged Jared before nodding to Embry. Jared smirked as they snuck up on Embry. While he was distracted they suddenly grabbed both of his arms dragging him to the edge. His eyes widened as he desperately tried to get out of their arms but it wasn't possible. Alison laughed as Embry obviously wanted her help but this is what he got for the stunt he pulled earlier. She watched as the two boys successfully threw him over the edge sending him down to he water.

Paul was the next one to jump off the cliff followed by Jared. She smiled at she listened to them shouting all the way down. She looked at am waiting for him to go but he didn't, he just looked at Alison. He then motioned for her to go first. She smiled nervously averting her eyes from his. She then turned towards the edge before jumping off. She smiled as the wind blew through her hair before her body hit the water. When she came back up she was met with Embry who was grinning at her.

"That was amazing! It was such a rush!" He said before looking up seeing Sam diving down the cliff.

"Isn't that.. Sam Uley?" Bella asked as she drove down the road in her truck with Jacob Black.

"And his cult" He said bitterly. Bella slowed down watching as two of them suddenly threw another one off of the cliff. She gasped pulling over and jumped out of the truck. She ran to the other side of the road freaking out but Jake just laughed at her.

"They're not really fighting, Bella. They're cliff diving" Jake told her and she slowly relaxed.

"What? On purpose?" She asked looking at them as another boy jumps off of the cliff.

"Scary as hell, but a total rush" Jake explained. "Most of us jump from lower down" She continued to look at them before noticing a very familiar girl jumping off as well.