Chapter Thirty Seven - Camp Fire

"Hey" Alison said coming up to Embry outside of her house. Her mood instantly lifted seeing him. Her arms wrapped around his waist as she laid the side of her head in his chest. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders holding her to him tightly. They both knew that since they were going to take turns protecting Bella and his mother, they weren't going to see much of each other.

"Emily and I talked to Sam" He said as she pulled away. "You're allowed back on the territory since you didn't hurt Emily" He said and she smiled knowing it would be easier to protect his mother when she was allowed on the territory.

"Good, I missed coming over" She said and he nodded in agreement.

"Want to come to a camp fire tonight?" He asked and she looked at him curiously. "You'll be the first vampire to hear the stories of our tribe" He said and she seemed hesitant. "Jake's bringing Bella, I thought I should bring a date too" He said making Alison roll her eyes.

"I would love to come be your date" She said grabbing his hand. "I have to hunt first, I'll meet you here in a couple of hours alright?" She asked and he nodded kissing her forehead. "I love you" She said giving his hand a light squeeze.

"I love you more" He said making her roll her eyes again smiling like a love sick school girl. "I'll see you later" He said before they finally separated. As promised Alison met with him a few hours later in a little bit more comfortable attire.

"Are you going to let me carry you over this time or do you just want to shift?" She asked as they stood at the treaty line. He took in a deep breath before looking at her.

"Fine, it makes more sense for you to just carry me" He said and she smirked victoriously.

"Well then, come here lover boy" She said picking him up bridle style before he could argue and jumped over the treaty line. Once they were safely over she set him down and he looked at her annoyed.

"I was thinking a piggy back ride" He said and she smirked.

"You're lucky I didn't carry you all the way to the camp fire bridle style" She said pointing her finger at him.

"You wouldn't" He said and she slowly smirked.

"Come here" She said moving towards him. Embry dashed off and she raced after him slowly. Eventually she just tackled him to the ground causing the both of them to laugh as they wrestled with each other. Embry ended up on his back in a pile of leaves with Alison on top of his chest. Embry smiled lovingly at her as he lifted his hand to get some leaves out of her hair. When she tried to get off of him he just pulled her back down. "If we don't go now, we're going to be late" She said giggling a little bit as she pressed her forehead on top of his.

"Let them wait, who cares?" He asked and she smiled.

"I do, I don't like making bad first impressions" She said knowing there would be people there she hasn't met yet. "And being late isn't a good start" She said standing up before he could kiss her making him pout. "Come on" She said hauling him up. She put him on her back and raced away. Not wanting to embarrass him she wasn't going to run him all the way out of the woods. So right before they broke the tree line she dropped him on the ground.

He gave her a playful glare before getting up running after her. She giggled running away from him. Eventually she let him catch up. He grabbed her from around the waist and spun her around making her laugh loudly. The pack was already used to them and paid no mind while they Elders looked at each other. They understood the bond of an imprint but that didn't mean they liked having a vampire on their territory nor did they like one of the wolves imprinting on the enemy.

"Look, see? Jake's just now arriving with Bella" Embry said wrapping his arm around her neck leading her closer to everyone else. She wrapped her arm around his waist while lifting her other hand to grab his.

"She looks so uncomfortable" She muttered.

"What else is new?" He asked making Alison smile and laugh a little bit slipping out of his arms. He snatched her other hand not wanting to let go of her completely. She walked him over to Jake and Bella.

"Alison?" Bella asked confused.

"You're not the only one who gets to come over here" She said smiling.

"Hey man" Embry said nodding to him. Things between them weren't completely back to normal yet but at least they were civil with each other now. "Come on, lets go get a seat" He said pulling her away from them. She followed him and to the camp fire sitting down. She smiled at the people she knew but when she looked at the Elders she could tell that they weren't exactly happy she was here. She quickly averted her gaze looking down leaning into Embry more. He wrapped both of his hands around hers kissing the side of her head. "It's alright" He muttered as Jake and Bella sat besides them.

Alison listened to Billy as he spoke about how the wolves first shifted. He talked about the bravery of the pack and of the tribes people. She listened as he explained the cold ones and how they could be killed. It didn't exactly make Alison feel welcome. But this was her mate's history and she was interested in learning.

"I don't remember meeting you" Billy said looking at Alison. He wondered if the Cullen's broke the treaty by turning her but that wasn't the case.

"I'm Alison" She said. "I was changed in 1970" She explained. "I don't know who changed me, I woke up alone but the Cullen's found me and took me in" She said. "But I don't remember it" She said.

"Why not?" Sue asked curiously.

"Um" She hesitated. "There was an accident about a year ago maybe more that caused me to lose all of my memories" She said.

"How's that possible?" Billy asked.

"Um" She said starting to get even more uncomfortable.

"You don't have to answer" Embry muttered to her. Bella looked at Alison before reaching over to rub her back comfortingly. Alison gave her a small smile.

"I was protecting someone" Alison said not naming any named. "I was killed but I wasn't set on fire so I came back but I lost my memories" She said. Jared automatically reached out and slapped Paul upside the head harshly for the jokes he would tell to Alison about her memory loss. Paul glared at Jared but didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry that happened" Sue said kindly.

"It's alright" She said. "It hasn't been easy but it's getting better" She told her before smiling at Bella and leaning further into Embry.

*Comment, Comment, Comment!*