Chapter Ten - Protecting Bella

"Alison stay with Bella, stay unseen" Carlisle ordered. The younger vampire nodded turning invisible following Bella and Edward. She ran outside the car keeping an eye out for the three nomads, particularly James. She followed them to Bella's house keeping her distance. She turned her head seeing James. She stayed put knowing that Bella and Edward were putting on a show to protect Charlie. He needed to know that she was leaving before Alison could do anything. However, when she took her gaze off of him for one moment, he disappeared.

She growled to herself before following Edward and Bella back home. They were soon joined by Emmett and Alice. Once they made it back to the house, Alison turned visible again following behind everybody. Once they enter they see one of the nomads, Laurent, standing there. Edward gets in front of Bella quickly but Carlisle holds his hand out.

"He came to warn us, about James" Carlisle clarified.

"I've grown tired of his games but he's got unparalleled senses" Laurent informed them. "Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in 300 years. And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her" He said before leaving the house. They looked at each other before heading to the garage to get ready.

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're hard to kill" Jasper said remembering his time before he found Alice.

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up then burn the pieces" Emmett growled not liking it when someone threatened his family.

"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James" Carlisle said not liking the situation.

"And if he kills one of us first?" Rose asked.

"That won't happen" Alison said sternly and Rose looked down.

"I'll run Bella south while you lead the tracker away" Edward said not wanting to be separated from Bella.

"No Edward, the tracker thinks you won't leave Bella. He'll follow you" Carlisle said shaking his head.

"I'll go with Bella" Alice volunteered. "Jasper and I will driver her south" She said and Edward looked extremely reluctant. "I'll keep her safe, Edward" She reassured.

"I'll follow you" Alison said and Alice nodded. Alison looked at Edward and nodded reassuring him that Bella would be protected. Edward nodded as Alice lead Bella to the car. "I'll always be with you Bella, you just won't be able to see me" Alison told Bella who slowly nodded before Alison disappeared completely. Jasper drives the car as fast as he could down to Phoenix, somewhere they think Bella will be safe. Alison races besides them completely invisible, including her scent, making her one of the perfect people to protect Bella.

Once they reached the hotel, Alison stayed outside knowing she'd be the first the see any danger. She knew Alice could see the future but it was possible that there was something she could miss. She almost didn't see Bella leaving the hotel without Alice and Jasper. She tilted her head curiously, wondering why she would go anywhere without somebody. She wanted to go tell Alice and Jasper but Bella was already being driven down the road, she didn't want to lose her.

"Bella, what're you doing?" Alison questioned grabbing Bella once she got out of the cab. Bella jumped completely forgetting about Alison.

"I-I got a call from my mom. James has her" Bella said obviously terrified. "He told me to come alone, I can't lose her" She panicked.

"It's ok, it's ok" Alison said grabbing her arms. "Don't worry, he won't know I'm there. I'm going to be there, right besides you the entire time. I'll protect you and your mother, don't worry" Alison said and Bella nodded quickly feeling relieved that someone was there with her. "It's going to be ok, Bella... Just trust me"

Alison is right besides Bella as they enter the building. She looks around for any sign of James. Suddenly, Bella takes off towards a room where her mother is being held in. Only Alison couldn't smell anybody else besides Bella. She realized it too late, it was a trap. Bella realized it as well when she opened the door to see a recording of her mothers voice over a home video. Alison turns around seeing James.

"That's my favorite part" James said with victorious smile. "Stubborn child, weren't you?" James questioned.

"She's not here" Bella said looking at him.

"Sorry, but you really made it too easy" James said smirking. "So to make things more entertaining, I'm going to make a little film of our time together." He said pulling out a camera. "Borrowed this from your house, hope you don't mind" James said. "And... Action" He said turning it on. Bella, not knowing where Alison was, took off running. "Excellent! An escape attempt" He said and went after her.

Alison, staying invisible, raced after him. She grabbed James from behind throwing him clear across the room. He stood up looking for the person who had thrown him but all he saw was Bella. Bella tries to escape but the door was locked and she couldn't get out. James tries to get to Bella again but Alison won't let him near her.

"Who's there!?!" He shouted getting frustrated as he looked around. Alison punches him in the face sending him to the ground and then kicks his stomach causing him to fly into one of the pillars. He growled standing up as Alison appears in front of him. She continued to fight him. He throws blind punches but she easily dodges them. She grabs his arm in an attempt to break it off but he launches her across the room. She hits the wall becoming invisible. "Neat trick you got there" He said smirking.

Alison glared at him turning invisible again. James was ready for her this time as he waited. He had never met a vampire like her before. He couldn't hear her, he couldn't smell her and he couldn't see her. It intrigued him. It excited him. However, the more she fought him the more predictable she became. Soon he could predict were she was making her lose concentration and become visible again. Before Alison knew what was happening his arms were around her neck.

Alison's eyes widened as he tightened his grip around her neck. She struggled, trying to get out of his grip. He smirked as cracks could be seen spreading across the parts he was putting pressure on. His eyes scanned the area seeing Bella watching them from a different door, which was also locked. Her eyes widened when she saw that Alison was in danger, but how could she help? She was just a human.

James smirked looking right into Bella's eyes as he moved his hands around her head. Bella's eyes widened even more as her heart stopped.

"No!" She shouted but it had already happened. Edward came out of nowhere knocking James away from his sister but the damage was done. Bella looked at Alison completely frozen as she saw her head a foot away from her body.