Chapter Twenty Two - Bella and Rose

Alison's hair was now in a high mess bun, still messy and damp from cliff diving a few hours earlier. She had just left the wolves territory and was heading home. However, when she got there she smelt the familiar human and saw the beaten up truck. She took in a breath and couldn't smell Rose and Emmett. Before she could leave, Bella got out of the truck and marched right towards her.

"You're still here?" She asked looking outraged but then pulled her into a hug. Alison tensed holding her breath and before she could do anything, Bella had pulled away. "You were in La Push weren't you? I saw you with Sam's cult"

"Sam's cult?" She asked and Bella nodded.

"I was with Jake" She said.

"Jake?" Alison asked confused. "Who's Jake?"

"A friend" She said simply. "It doesn't matter, what are you doing here? Is anybody else here with you?" She asked.

"I never left, Bella" She said making her even more confused. "The others did, but I stayed" She said.

"Why?" Bella asked and Alison sighed.

"It's a very complicated situation, Bella" She said but Bella wasn't having it.

"I deserve to know. Where's Edward? When is he coming back?" She asked and Alison sighed.

"I don't know where he is Bella, we weren't exactly on speaking terms when he decided to leave." She told her. Bella looked down obviously disappointed that Edward wasn't here. "I'm really sorry, Bella but I promised him I wouldn't talk to you while I stayed here." She said not looking at Bella.

"Why?" She asked. "Do you know what I've been going through?" She asked her voice cracking.

"I'm so sorry, Bella, but it wasn't my choice. All I wanted to do was stay here for him" She said.

"Him?" Bella questioned frowning her eyebrows.

"Yea" Alison said with a small smile. "Him... Embry" She told her. "He's-"

"I've met him" Bella said. "What about him?" She asked still not understanding.

"I couldn't leave him" She said. "Edward made the decision to leave but I wasn't about to let him take me away from Embry" She said and Bella shoved her hands in her pockets. "I know it's hard to see right now but, Bella, Edward does love you. He thinks he's doing the right thing by avoiding you, he will come back" She said.

"When? I need him here with me" She said and Alison sighed.

"I don't know Bella, but listen, it's not good for you to keep coming around here. It'll raise questions, questions that shouldn't be asked" She said and Bella's face fell even more. "I wish there was something I could do, I'm so sorry" She said but Bella just nodded.

"It's fine, I understand" She said nodding. "I'm happy for you, really, I am" She said and Alison smiled.

"Thank you" She said softly.

"I hope you two can work it out" She said walking to her car upset. Alison didn't like her leaving upset but it was the only way to keep her from coming over here. Once she got into her car she sped away. Seconds later Rose and Emmett came out.

"How'd she know we were even here?" Emmett asked but Rose looked at Alison.

"We heard the conversation, Alison, what were you doing in La Push?" She asked crossing her arms. "Did you just completely ignore the treaty?" She asked annoyed.

"I got permission" Alison told her.

"Permission?" Emmett asked and Alison nodded.

"Alison, do you know how dangerous that is?" Rose asked looking at her in disbelief. "You could have been killed"

"That wouldn't happen" Alison said.

"And how do you know that? You can't see the future, that's not your ability" She said.

"I know, Rose" Alison said getting annoyed as well. "Embry said it was safe, they can't hurt me. I'm his imprint, it's against their law to hurt me" Alison said and Rose shook her head.

"You need to be careful, they're wolves, they can't control themselves" She said.

"I was careful, Embry wouldn't have let anything happen to me" She said. "Besides, I can take care of myself" She said.

"Yea, you really proved that against James" Rose said and Alison looked down. She still couldn't remember a single thing from before James almost killing her, it bothered her a lot. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that" She said.

"Yea, well, you did" Alison said walking past her. Rose grabbed her arm tightly looking into her eyes.

"Just... please, be careful. Just because the wolves aren't allowed to hurt you doesn't mean that they won't" She said and Alison just looked away.

"They won't hurt me" She said before pulling away. "They care about Embry to much. Hurting me would only hurt him, they wouldn't do that to him" She said before leaving to her room.