Chapter Sixty Nine - Redcoats

No one needed Jasper's gift to know everyone is nervous. The Cullens along with their witnesses stood on one side of a large field. They stood in groups, they stood with their loved ones. Alison stood beside Bree as they both waited for the wolves to join them. Alison smiled at Bree grabbing the young girls hand.

"The Redcoats are coming, the Redcoats are coming" Garrett muttered but everyone could hear him. Bree gripped Alison's hand tighter as the Volturi made themselves known. Alison rubbed her thumb over her knuckles trying to calm her down despite the face that she was nervous as hell as well. As the Volturi came out of the woods, so did the wolves. Both of them relaxed once Embry and Leah were beside them. Seth joined them, standing on the other side of Bree.

Alison lifted her hand and rubbed Embry in between his ears. He rubbed his head against her before they both looked at the Volturi. Leah looked at Bree nudging her with her nose. Bree smiled kissing her head before they looked forward as well. It was obvious the Volturi didn't like the fact the the wolves were on the Cullens side.

"Aro" Carlisle said stepping forward. "Let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner" Carlisle said wanting to avoid war at all costs.

"Fair words, Carlisle" Aro responded. "But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us"

"I can promise you, that was never my intent" Carlisle reasoned. "No laws have been broken"

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools" Caius growled.

"She is not an immortal!" Carlisle snapped slightly losing his temper. "These witnesses can attest to that or you can look" He said motioning to Renesmee. "See the flush of human blood in her cheeks" Carlisle said.

"Artifice" Caius snapped.

"I will collect every facet of the truth" Aro said motioning for Caius to stand down. "But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved" Aro said giving him a creepy smile. Alison glances at Edward as he reluctantly leaves Bella and Renesmee. Alison shifted in her spot becoming more uncomfortable the closer he gets to the Volturi. "I'd like to meet her" Aro whispered after reading Edwards mind.

Edward turns to Bella nodding. Bella nods back before walking forward with Nessie and Jake. However, they stop, Bella looking at Emmett. She wanted as much muscle as she could not trust the Volturi. Emmett kissed the side of Rose's head before leaving her. Alison looked over at Rose as she hugged her self watching Emmett walk away from her nervously. Alison looks at Bree who was already looking at her. They both nod before they walked over to Rose. The blond girl smiled thankfully to them as they stood beside her, the wolves following them.

"Ah, young Bella, immortality becomes you" Aro said once they arrived. "I hear her strange heart" Aro said fascinated.

"Hello, Aro" Renesmee said making the Cullens smile.

"Magnifico! Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human" Aro said in awe.

"Impossible!" Caius rejected.

"Do you think they fooled me, brother?" Aro snapped staring Caius into silence. Edward leads them away from the Volturi quickly wanting to be away from them as quickly as possible.

"Bring the informer forward" Caius said and they watch as Irina comes towards them. Alison makes room for Emmett who smiles at her thankful she and the others went to Rose's side when he left. "Is that the child you saw?" Caius questioned.

"I'm not sure" Irina whispered.

"Jane" Aro mentioned causing Irina to panic.

"She's changed, this child is bigger" Irina said quickly. "The Cullens are innocent, i take full responsibility for my mistake." She said lowering her head. She turned to her family, the Denali's. "I'm sorry" She whispered.

"Caius, no!" Edward shouted but it was no use.

"Irina!" Tanya shouted as the Volturi killed Irina. Both her and Kate tried to get to their sister. Garrett holds onto Kate despite her electrocuting him.

"Blind them" Edward ordered. Bree gripped onto Alison tightly. The closer they got to the chance of war the more scared Bree became. Alison wrapped her arms around Bree holding her tightly. Suddenly Edward falls to the ground in pain after talking the sisters down. Alison looked at Jane to see her using her gift on him. However, it only worked for a couple of seconds. Jane looked around confused trying to use her ability but Bella was protecting them all.

"Atta girl" Alison said smirking proudly at Bella.

"It's working" Edward said nodding in amazement.

"Aro, you see there's no law broken here" Carlisle said hoping to end this now.

"Agreed" Aro said nodding. "But does it then follow that there is no danger? For the first time in our history humans pose a threat to our kind" Aro preached. "Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times, only the known is safe" He said looking to his guard then to the Cullens and their witnesses. "Only the known is tolerable. And we know nothing of what this child will become. Can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today only to die tomorrow" He said but before he could no anything, Alice and Jasper made themselves know.

Everyone looked at Alice and Jasper as they walked to Aro and the rest of the Volturi. As they made themselves know, Cassandra glanced at Ruby nervously. Ruby was nervous as well but they both hid it well. They both knew how dangerous Jasper could be and wanted to avoid him at all cost.

"My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you here, after all" Aro said grinning widely.

"I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind" Alice said. "Let me show you" She said holding her hand out. Aro motions for her to come forward and takes her hand. It didn't last long as she ripped her hand from him. "It doesn't matter what I show you, even when you see. You still won't change your decision" Alice said taking a step back before turning to Bella. "Now" She mouths.

"Take care of my daughter" Bella said looking at Jake who takes off with Renesmee on top of him.

"Alison" Bree whispered nervously.

"Stay right beside me, understand?" Alison said quickly. Bree looked at her terrified but nodded. "It's going to be ok" She whispered.

"Take her away" Aro ordered catching Alison's attention.

"Let her go!" Carlisle snapped racing towards the Volturi. Some of the guards tried to stop him but it was no use. Aro grinned and raced towards Carlisle. They both leap into the air, they collide before falling to the ground. Esme screams seeing her husbands head in Aro's hand.