Chapter Fifty Five - Separation

"Get ready. They're coming for Bella" Jake said looking at Edward.

"They're not gonna touch her" Edward said sternly, one of the only things that both him and Jake could agree on.

"Agreed" Jake voiced. As Edward left Alison jogged out of the house. Jake's heart dropped slightly as she looked at him hopefully. She saw Seth with Jake and then Leah showing up, but what about Embry?

"Man, I can smell them from all the way out here" Leah said making Jake whip around.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jake asked looking at her.

"I'm not gonna let my little brother get himself killed" Leah said like it was obvious.

"Go away, Leah! I can take care of myself" Seth said annoyed.

"That you think so proves you need a babysitter" Leah told him raising her eyebrows.

"Ok, would the both of you shut up? Did Sam send you?" Jake asked looking at her annoyed that she was here as well.

"Sam doesn't even know I left" Leah said moments before they could here wolves howling.

"I think he just figured it out" Seth pointed out.

"Jake, I know what his plan is" Leah said catching Jake's attention.

"Jake" Alison said only a few feet behind him. Leah looked at her, she didn't exactly like Alison but she didn't hate her either. After all the times she was over at Emily's house, she had gotten used to her. "Where's Embry?" Alison asked as Jake looked at her.

"He didn't come" Jake said looking at her sadly. "He thinks that whatever is in Bella... he thinks it's dangerous." Alison crossed her arms and pressed her lips together. Was this how he felt? Whenever Alison would leave him? She figured she had it coming, this was karma, she felt as if she deserved this.

"He made it clear that you weren't to get hurt" Leah spoke up feeling sympathy for Alison. "If you get hurt, he'll protect you. You're his number one priority" She said.

"If that were true, he'd be here" Alison said. She couldn't help but to get angry at him. This was a baby, it deserves a chance to live. They were being rash, just like Alison had predicted.

"Sam's lost the element of surprise, and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not gonna come at you head on" Jake said to the rest of the Cullen's. Alison sat in the corner, the fact that her and Embry were on opposite sides was harder to accept than she thought. The separation from the past couple of weeks didn't help either. Bree sat on one side of Alison while Esme sat on the other. Esme held Alison's hand comfortingly as they listened to Jake. "He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity."

"We won't get through without a fight" Emmett said.

"No fights, we won't be the ones to break the treaty" Carlisle said sternly.

"The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind" Jake told them.

"Not in ours" Esme spoke up, backing her husband.

"Carlisle, no one's hunted for weeks" Alison said thinking about how much this would affect not only the family but Bree specifically. She had an amazing control over her thirst but she didn't want to risk it.

"We'll make do" Esme said gently rubbing her back pulling her closer. Esme had gotten used to the more independent Alison, this Alison reminded her of when she first joined the family. It was like a mother comforting her daughter after a boy broke her heart, but this was slightly different.

"You've done us a great service, Jacob. Thank you" Carlisle said and Jake slowly nodded before leaving the house with the other wolves.

"It'll be alright" Esme whispered kissing the side of Alison's head softly. Bree glanced at Alison worriedly. It was as if Alison was slowly shutting down. Even Jasper could feel the difference, it was as if her emotions were just shutting off. The only one who understood Alison's pain was Edward, the others never had to worry about being separated from their mates. Alison wondered if after all of this is over, if things would go back to normal. Would Embry come back? Would the wolves succeed in killing on of them? What if Embry got hurt? What if she got hurt? So many thoughts and possible out comes raced through her head, she only focused on the bad, it was natural for her.

Embry wasn't much better. He forced himself to keep going but he was completely business. He didn't smile or joke around with the others. His mind was completely centered around Alison. He wanted to leave Sam's pack, join Jake and be with Alison. However, when he thought about the thing in Bella he knew he needed to do the right thing and protect the tribe, it's the sole reason for his existence, to protect the tribe and it's people.

Tiffany was getting extremely worried. She had never seen Embry like this before. It was worse than before she knew about their world. She didn't like this Embry, she liked the happy and excited one, the one that was head over heals in love with Alison Cullen. She didn't know why this was going on and Embry didn't tell her anything, thinking he was keeping her safe by keeping her in the dark. The separation was taking a very large tole on him. He didn't eat as much and rarely got any sleep. Sam and the others wanted to get this over as soon as possible just to get him back with Alison, they were worried about him, everyone was.