Chapter Sixty Two - Chance

"Well done, Bella. Never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint" Jasper praised after Charlie left the house.

"I'm not sure she is a newborn, she's so tame" Emmett said with his arms crossed. Alison smiled leaning against Embry knowing what was coming.

"Emmett, don't antagonize her" Edward warned lightly. "She's the strongest one in the house" He said.

"Please" Emmett said challengingly. Next thing Alison knows is that everyone is outside watching Bella and Emmett.

"Alright, on 3" Jasper said as Emmett and Bella looked at each other competitively. "3!" He said and they began to arm wrestle. It was even for a few moments but ever so slowly, Bella began to push Emmett's hand down. The look on Emmett's face was extremely satisfying as he lost the arm wrestling contest proving the Bella was in fact the strongest. Alison smiled turning her head looking at Bree who was looking at Leah who was avoiding eye contact.

"What's on your mind?" Embry asked holding Alison's hand as they walked to his mothers house.

"Bree and Leah" Alison told him knowing he already knew.

"Yeah, and I thought Leah obsessing over Sam was annoying" Embry muttered.

"Leah obsesses over Bree?" Alison asked curiously.

"All the time" Embry nodded. "She's beautiful, she's so close to me, she kissed me, I should have kissed her back, I wish she'd kiss me again" He said in a girly voice. Alison laughed bumping her shoulder into his.

"Be nice" She said smiling. "Like your any better" She said and he looked at her.

"How'd you know?" He asked looking at her.

"Seth" She said with a shrug. "The kids a chatter box" She said and Embry rolled his eyes slightly embarrassed. "Where's your mom?" She asked noticing that her car was gone.

"I don't know, I think she's got a boyfriend" He said and Alison looked at him.

"What? Since when?" Alison asked shocked.

"Since some time before Renesmee was born. She never told me but I found out when she came home reeking of men's cologne." He said scrunching his nose up. "Like seriously, it stinks. My mom said it's worse in person but I guess she's really into him so it doesn't matter." He said with a shrug.

"Well, at least she's happy" Alison said and he nodded walking into the house behind her. "Oh, i can tell what you mean" She said smelling the cologne. She sniffed around before frowning her eyebrows.

"What is it?" Embry questioned.

"I don't know" She said. "The smell... it's familiar" She said getting his attention. "I can't figure out where" She said frustrated.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure it's not that important" He said with a shrug going into the kitchen. Alison continued to try and figure out where she had smelt that scent before but nothing came to her. "Hey, I'm sure it's nothing, don't worry about it" He said coming out of the kitchen walking towards her.

"Yeah, you're probably right" She said smiling at him as he took an extremely large bite out of his sandwich.

"When am I not?" He asked smirking. Alison rolled her eyes at him.

"Just eat your sandwich" She said before walking up the steps and into their room. Their room, she liked that. It was a cozy room, had a homey feel to it. She was slowly building up her music and book collection, there was more music than books though. She even had some clothes over here which made it easier to stay over.

"Don't you ever get tired?" Bree asked walking over to Leah. It was almost midnight, yet here Leah was, in the same spot.

"I'm used to it" Leah said looking at her. Bree smiled trying to contain her excitement. It was the first time Leah had even acknowledged her.

"I just wanted to come out and say I'm sorry" She said after a few awkward minutes of silence. Leah looked over at her with mixed emotions. "It wasn't very... polite of me to come over and just kiss you like that" She said. Leah, with her arms crossed, looked down at the ground. "I'm not sure why I did it... but I just... I felt like I had to do something" She said but Leah remained silent. Bree pressed her lips together looking around. "When I was in Victoria's army there was this guy" She said and Leah's head snapped over to her. "I fell for him quickly. He and one other friend was all I had in a world of madness and insanity." She said making Leah feel bad for her. "He died because Riley felt threatened by him. I lost the one thing I loved, the one thing I had." Leah sighed as she listened to Bree. "Then Carlisle and Esme accepted me into the family, Alison protects and looks after me. It's all great but I just... I couldn't forget about him, I didn't feel like I belonged. I was apart of an army sent to kill everyone, of course I didn't belong." Bree paused still looking at Bree. "But then I met you and I finally feel like I have a reason to be here, like I finally belong somewhere and I'm terrified that I'm going to lose you like I lost him. I know this is strange and that this is different but that's ok. I want this to work, I want to be with you and I love that this is different, out of the ordinary. I just... I want you to give me a chance, please" She begged. "Please give me a chance, I promise you, you will not be disappointed"