Chapter Twenty - Crossing

Alison opened the door before he could knock. He smiled slowly lowering his hand. She grinned at him, she was home alone, Emmett and Rose were barely here. They wanted to give Alison some space while doing having some time to themselves.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" She asked looking at him weirdly. He was only in some shorts, as normal, she obviously wasn't complaining.

"I wanted to see you" He said. He seemed happier than normal, excited even. Alison knew there was something more to his happiness than just seeing her. "And I got permission for you to come onto our territory" He said and she froze.

"What?" She asked nervously.

"I want you to come with me, I want you to trust me" He said reaching towards her grabbing her hand softly. "Nobody is going to hurt you, they can't" He said.

"I don't know Embry" She muttered looking at him nervously. He took a step closer to her.

"It's a law, for our pack" He told her. "They can't hurt you because you're my imprint. No matter what happens, they can't do any harm to you" He said hoping it would comfort her.

"Still, Embry, I'm a vampire. I know they won't trust me and they're not going to like me" She said.

"Yes they will, I promise you. We're going cliff diving today, I want you to come with me. I want you to give the guys a chance. I already made them promise to be nice" He said grabbing her other hand.

"And you're sure it's alright?" She asked and he grinned sensing her about to give in.

"100%. I wouldn't do anything that would put you in danger" He said seriously. "I wouldn't ask you to come with me if I didn't know you'd be safe" He said and she sighed slowly nodding. He grinned widely kissing her forehead.

"Let me go get changed" She said and he nodded letting go of her. She was gone before he could blink. She ransacked her bedroom looking for a cute bathing suit that she thought Embry would like. She smiled finding a blue bikini and put it on. She then put on a cover, put her hair in a pony tail before speeding back down to Embry who hadn't been waiting long. "Ready" She said giving him a nervous smile.

"It's going to be alright, I promise" He said and she nodded following him out of the house. "I thought you said that Rose and Emmett were still here" He said and she nodded as they walked further away from the house.

"They are but they're barely here" She told him honestly. "They like to have some time to themselves, we've been with the family for so long that they're taking advantage of this time to have some one-on-one with one another" She said and he nodded.

"Like us" He said and she smiled grabbing his hand. It wasn't long until they were at the treaty line. Alison bit her lip nervously knowing if Rose and Emmett found out about this she'd be in so much trouble. "It's alright" He told her. "All you have to do is trust me" He said and she sighed nodding.

"Can you even jump this?" She asked looking at him curiously.

"Eh... not like this" He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"I could always carry you" She said trying to fight the smirk.

"No" He said automatically shaking his head.

"Oh come on, just get on my back. I'll jump us over" She said but he shook his head.

"You are not giving me a piggy back ride" He said.

"And why not?" She asked crossing her arms amused.

"Because... Because" He stuttered trying to find a way to say what he was thinking and not get in trouble. "It's not manly" He said and she slowly nodded.

"Nobodies here" She told him. "It'll be our little secret" She said.

"You don't understand, you can't keep secrets from the pack" He told her. "We can read each others minds" He said. She rolled her eyes at him shaking her head.

"So you want to shift into a wolf, jump across this and shift back? Instead of just letting me carry you across?" She asked.

"You don't understand what I would go through" He muttered shaking his head. She smiled laughing at him.

"Alright, then, go one, shift" She said and he looked at her. He slowly nodded before shifting. She made sure to stay out of the way and smiled at his wolf form. He looked at her before tilting his head. She smiled running her fingers through his fur. His body instantly reacted and leaned against her hand. "Come on, don't want to be late" She said before looking over to the wolf side of territory. His nose nudged her shoulder and she looked at him. "You want me to go first?" She asked and he nodded. She slowly nodded before jumping onto the other side. She looked around nervously as if she were expecting a wolf to leap from the trees and tear her apart but it never happened.

Before she noticed, Embry jumped across the treaty line. She looked at him relaxing now that he was besides her. She rubbed his head before waiting for him to shift back into a human. When he didn't she got confused.

"Are you going to shift or what?" She asked and he let out a long sigh hanging his head. "What's wrong?" She asked getting nervous. He hesitated to look at her before nipping at her cover. "Wha-" She stopped and gave him an annoyed look. "Are you serious?" She asked and he looked away from her. "You shifted without a spare set of clothes?" She asked and he hung his head even lower. "You know, if you would have just let me carry you, this wouldn't have happened" His head raised and he gave her what she thought was supposed to be a shrug. "Well, then we're going to have to go to your house" She said and he nodded.

He started to walk in a direction before picking up speed. She easily kept up with him annoyed that he was going to make them late all because having her carry him would damage his pride. Soon he came to a stop once they made it to a break in the trees. She looked seeing a house a couple of yards in front of them. It was small but had a home feeling to it. She looked at him and he looked back at her.

"Oh come on" She said and he gave her a wolfy smile. She pressed her lips together before crossing her arms looking at the house. He licked the side of her face making her cringe. "Come on, Embry" She muttered wiping off the slobber off of her face. He continued to nudge her shoulder towards the house. "Fine, fine, I'm going" She said and looked at the house. She sped towards it slipping through an open window. She took in a deep breath following Embry's scent to his room.

It was dirty, clothes were everywhere and his bed was unmade. Dresser drawers were open with clothes handing out and his laundry hamper was over flowing. It was unclear as to what was clean and what was dirty. Alice would have a heart attack if she saw this, Alison thought to herself. She walked over to the dresser looking at the pictures. There weren't many, just a couple. One was with Embry with long hair and two other boys, then one with Embry and what looked like his mother.

She heard a bark coming from outside snapping her out of her thoughts. She quickly just grabbed him some clothes and raced back outside. She held them out and he grabbed them gently with his mouth. He nodded for her to follow him and she did. He lead her to another house. She stayed in the treeline as Embry shifted back into his human form. He joined her, grabbing her hand.

"This is Emily's house. Sam's imprint, don't stare" He said and she looked at him. "You'll see" He said and she nodded. She knew if she had a beating heart, it would be pounding right now. "Don't worry, Emily's really nice. The boys, well, they won't do anything I promise" He said and she smiled. "You're safe with me" He said kissing the side of her head before slowly leading her out of the woods and towards the house.

*Thoughts, comments, concerns?*