Chapter Eighteen - Decisions

"We can't stay here" Edward said after taking Bella home.

"What?" Alison questioned standing up.

"It's not safe for Bella" Edward said. "I don't want her to be around us"

"Around Jasper and Alison, you mean" Rose snapped standing up as well. "Don't make this about you because it's not."

"You want me to say the truth, fine, I don't want to keep bringing Bella around and having to worry that Alison and Jasper are going to tear her head off" Edward snapped.

"Yea, cause none of us sacrificed ourselves for her safety before" Alison said calmly but glared at him. "You're only thinking about yourself, not us" Alison snapped. "This is our home, Edward, we can't just leave"

"We've done it before, Alison, you just don't remember" Edward said.

"And I wonder why" Alison snapped.

"Those times were different, Edward" Rose said moving to stand besides Alison. "We moved because people thought we looked too young or someone actually died. Bella knows about us, Bella isn't going to tell anybody and she didn't get killed."

"And what about next time?" Edward asked. "What if next time we can't stop Jasper and Alison?"

"Jasper is getting better, he was stopping himself after a while and Alison left" Rose snapped angrily.

"Edward, we just don't want you to be jumping to decisions" Carlisle spoke up. "You care about Bella, we all do"

"Which is why I think we need to leave, to keep her safe." Edward said looking at Carlisle pleadingly. "It'll help her get over us if we all just leave."

"No" Alison said shaking her head. Rose glanced at her and rubbed her back. "I'm not leaving" She said strongly.

"Alison-"

"No, Carlisle" She snapped surprising everybody as she looked back at Edward. "You don't understand what you're asking" She said.

"I know you like this place, but we'll come back after a while, we always do" Edward reassured her. Alison pressed her lips together shaking her head. She looked at Rose who gave her a nod.

"If you ask us to leave you won't be the only one leaving their mate" Alison said looking at Edward. "I don't care, anymore, if you want to leave Bella. That's your decision, that's your mate and that's your life. If you want to ruin it, fine, ruin it. But don't ask me to leave him, because if you're asking me to choose between you and him, you'll find out real quick just how much I hold him over you" She said looking heartbroken but strong at the same time.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Esme asked completely shocked like the rest of the family. "Who is he? What's his name?"

"He's a wolf" Edward said. "That can't be right"

"Why don't you just let her explain, he is her mate after all" Rose snapped glaring at Edward.

"Yes, he is a wolf and no I never went onto his territory and he never came on ours. I met him on the edge of our territories and we only would see each other in town, where the treaty doesn't cover. His names Embry" She said smiling at just saying his name. "And I'm not leaving him, even if that means staying here alone" She said looking at Edward with a hard look.

"No one is asking you to leave him" Carlisle said standing up looking at Edward. "But if Edward thinks that we need to leave then maybe we can find somewhere in the middle" He said looking back at Alison.

"I'm not leaving, Carlisle" She said softly. "And I don't want to split up the family. Do what you think is right, I'll look over the house" She said nodding.

"Alison, we're not just going to leave you alone" Rose said before looking at the rest of the family. "Right?" She asked looking at Alice and Jasper.

"Maybe a new place could be better, a fresh start" Alice said nervously holding onto a silent Jasper's hand. It was obvious that all Alice wanted was to get Jasper out of here and work on his control. Rose then looked at Esme but knew she would follow Carlisle who was obviously going to leave with Edward.

"When are you going to realize that they're other people in this family besides Edward?" Rose asked looking at Carlisle.

"Babe" Emmett said but Rose glared at him.

"No, it's obvious that Carlisle favors Edward which has been fine, we've all lived with it. But to abandon Alison just because Edward gets scared, it's bullshit" She snapped.

"Oh please, the only reason you sticking up for Alison is because you don't want to leave" Edward snapped.

"I'm sticking up for Alison because she's my sister and I love her" Rose snapped. "Which is more than any of you can say. You all want to run cause it suddenly just got hard but what did you expect? Bella is human! It's going to be hard! That's what a relationship is, working through things"

"Yea but this isn't a normal relationship, Rose" Edward told her. "If this doesn't work it's not like I can just break up with her next time, she'll be dead" Edward snapped. "I'd rather be out of her life and have her alive then just wait for the moment she gets killed" He said before looking at Alison. "And you should think the same thing, before you get too deep with this boy. You think you won't be tempted at one point to kill him? You're wrong and you won't be able to stop yourself because you don't have that kind of control"

"Edward" Esme scolded.

"Why don't we all just calm down" Carlisle said sensing this was getting out of control.

"If Alison stays, I'm staying" Rose said crossing her arms.

"Rose, you don't have-" Alison said and Rose looked at her.

"I don't have to do anything, I want to" She said calmly giving Alison a smile. Alison smiled back as Rose grabbed her hand giving it a comforting squeeze. Soon Alison felt something wrap around her shoulders and looked seeing Emmett.

"Can't have you taking on the whole wolf pack on your own" Emmett said smirking making Alison smile widely.

"Thanks, Emmett" She said and he grinned at her. It was nice to know they believed in her.