Chapter Thirty Nine - Hospital

"The venom is out of her system and she is getting some more blood" Carlisle said. They had transferred Tiffany to a real hospital with Carlisle as her head doctor to keep people from asking too many questioned.

"But she's going to be alright" Embry said standing in front of him with Sam, Jake and Quil a little bit behind him.

"Yes, now all we're waiting on is for her to get enough strength to wake up" Carlisle said and Embry nodded letting out a sigh of relief.

"And Alison?" Embry asked glancing up at him.

"Alice and Rose are looking for her. Don't worry, we'll bring her home" Carlisle said giving him a comforting smile but it didn't make him feel that much better.

"Thank you" Sam said coming up besides Embry. Carlisle nodded before going back to work.

"I'm going to look for Alison" Embry said but Sam stopped him.

"Stay" He said and Embry looked up at him ready to argue. "Let us look for Alison, she could be on our territory, they can't find her there" He said and he sighed. "Stay with your mother, you need to rest"

"How can I rest?" Embry snapped. "Alison is missing and my mother is basically in a coma" He growled. "Victoria is still out there, she has already made it clear she wants Alison dead. How do exactly do you expect me to relax?" Jake and Quil moved towards them quickly.

"Come on, man" Jake said pushing Embry away from Sam gently. "Lets not lose our tempers" He said and Embry looked away from Sam running his hands through his hair. He had no idea what to do. Bella needed to be protected, Alison needed to be found and someone needed to stay with his mother. "Don't worry about Bella" Jake said hearing his thoughts. "Paul and Jared are with her now, she's protected. No one is going to come after your mother now, Carlisle is here and she's in a public hospital. How about you and I go look for Alison, Quil you wanna stay with Tiffany?" Jake asked.

"Don't worry, man, I'll stay" Quil said nodding. Embry nodded relaxing a little bit more.

"Ok" Embry said nodding. Jake knew he would go crazy just sitting around and not doing anything, he needed to be out there looking for Alison.

"Ok, come on" Jake said leading him out of the hospital. Embry and Jake left and went to the reservation. As soon as they were off Cullen territory they shifted and looked for Alison.

"You're awfully far from home" Jasper said walking up behind Alison. They were as far from any town as possible at the tip of Canada.

"I feel like I'm losing control" She said not looking at him. "No matter how many animals i drink I can still feel that intense desire to drink from a human" She said looking at him. "It's more intense then I remember" She said.

"I remember when I tried to kill Bella, at her birthday party" He said walking closer to her. "It was an animalistic instinct but then I snapped out of it, the family had my back. Alice worked with me and I got better" He said and she looked at him.

"Tiffany... is she alright?" She asked and Jasper nodded.

"You got the venom out, she got to the hospital in time. She'll be alright" He told her and Alison nodded. "Embry on the other hand" He said catching her attention.

"What about him?" She asked.

"He's torn up" He said. "He's looking for you, worrying about his mom and Bella. He's worried Victoria is going to get to you before anybody else can. That's a lot of stress on his shoulders" He said.

"I can't go back without knowing if I have control" She said. "Or else I'll expose us or I'll kill him" She whispered. Jasper could feel how terrified she was.

"You have control. If you didn't you would have killed any of the wolves to finish Tiffany off. I am confident in your control" He said and she looked down. "Being this far from Embry isn't helping. He needs you just as much as you need him" He said and she slowly nodded.

"Ok" She said nodding. "Lets go back" She said and he nodded running besides her to go back to Forks. It took a couple of hours to get back and by the time they got back she had been gone for a at least 3 days. "Where is he?" She asked.

"At the hospital" Esme said. "Carlisle's been staying with him as well as Quil" She said and Alison nodded heading to the hospital on her own. She walked into the hospital and met up with Carlisle.

"Good to see you back" He said and Alison gave him a small smile. "He's in the room"

"Thank you Carlisle" She said and he nodded. She walked towards the room as Quil walked out. He looked at her and smiled.

"Thank God you're here" He said and she smiled. "I'll leave you two alone" He said.

"Quil" She said and he turned to look at her. "Thank you for staying with him" She said and he nodded.

"He's my best friend" He said and she smiled nodding before going into the room. Tiffany was asleep on the bed and hooked up to machines while Embry was dead asleep besides her. Alison smiled walking towards him slowly. She knelt besides him moving some of his growing hair off to the side. He relaxed against her touch as she caressed his cheek rubbing her thumb up and down gently. He let out a sigh of content and slowly woke up.

"Hey, baby" She whispered and he sat up quickly.

"Alison" He said and she smiled as they both stood up. Embry pulled Alison into his arms holding onto her tightly. "Thank God you're alright" He said softly.

"I'm alright, I'm alright" She whispered to him rubbing his back.