Chapter Sixty Three - Immortal Child

Renesmee was growing at an alarming rate. Within three months she looked as if she were 7 years old. Everyone hoped she would slow down but nobody knew what would happen. She was growing beautifully, she looked more like Bella than Edward but you could still see Edward in her. She was curious and quiet, adventurous even. Alison was just happy that they didn't have to move away from Forks, now she got to watch her grow up which was a blessing. They all did their research but this was never heard of before, a hybrid.

"Tanya convinced Irina to come reconcile with us" Carlisle said explaining why Bella and Jake had seen the Denali earlier.

"It looks like she changed her mind" Edward said. Irina hadn't gone through with it, she had ran as soon as she saw Bella, Renesmee and Jake.

"Seeing Jacob must have been too much for her" Esme said feeling sympathetic for her.

"Wish I could have just spoken to her" Bella said disappointed.

"She's family, she'll come around" Carlisle said encouragingly. Alison leaned into Embry more closing her eyes as he played with her still short hair. She knew she would have fallen asleep in his arms if she could, she never feels more comfortable anywhere else. She soon hears Edward playing the piano, everything was perfect, just for these few moments.

A crash makes Alison sit up, eyes wide open. There Alice stands with a broke vase at her feet deep in a vision. Jasper is by her side in seconds. It takes her a few seconds to snap out of it.

"What is it, Alice?" Jasper asked her.

"The Volturi" She said looking around the room. "They're coming for us" She said and Alison stood up with Embry. "Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard... and Irina" She said. Embry slips his hand into Alison's holding it tightly.

"Honey, come here" Bella said holding her arm out for Renesmee.

"Why?" Carlisle questioned looking at Alice.

"What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward questioned.

"We were just walking" Bella said with a shrug.

"Ness was catching snowflakes" Jake said thinking about Ness jumping into the air to catch a snowflake.

"Of course, Irina thinks Renesmee's an immortal child" Edward said. Embry looked at Alison confused but not even Alison knew about Immortal Children.

"The immortal children were very beautiful. So enchanting, to be near them was to love them" Carlisle explained later that day. "But their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or retrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation, stories spread, the Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the Children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed" Carlisle explained. "Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long established covens were torn apart. Countless humans slaughtered, traditions friends, even families... lost"

"So the Denali's mother made an immortal child?" Bella asked and Carlisle nodded.

"Yes and she paid the price" Carlisle said sadly.

"Well, Renesmee's nothing like those children. She was born, not bitten, she grows every single day" Bella said defensively.

"So can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" Jake asked.

"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts" Edward said shaking his head.

"So we fight" Emmett said protectively.

"Their offensive weapons are too powerful. No one can stand against Jane" Jasper said shaking his head.

"Alec's even worse" Alice said fearfully.

"Well, then we convince them" Bella said trying to come up with something.

"They're coming to kill us, not to talk" Emmett said.

"No, you're right. They won't listen to us but maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world" Edward said looking at him.

"I won't ask them to fight" Carlisle said right away.

"Not fight, witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen" Edward said.

"We can ask this of our friends" Esme said smiling at Carlisle.