Chapter Thirty Two - Done

It was almost time to go to school. Just a few more hours, Alison wanted to give Embry as much time to sleep as possible. She hoped Sam would ease up on him, at least until his concussion is gone completely. Alison kissed his forehead before leaving silently. She wanted to make him some breakfast, Emily had taught her a thing or two, hopefully it would be enough. As she walked down the steps she noticed Edward had arrived.

"-got away" Carlisle informed him as Alison walked in. As soon as Alison looked at Edward she thought about Victoria's proposal, this meant that Edward now knew about it as well. In seconds Edward had her pinned up against the wall with his arm on her neck. Everyone looked at them in shock.

"Edward!" Esme shouted as Edward snarled at Alison.

"Don't even think about it" He snapped as Emmett ripped him off of her.

"What are you doing man?" He asked as the rest of the family got defensive not understanding what was going on. Rose was by Alison seconds after Edward was pulled away.

"Tell me she's wrong" Alison said looking right into his eyes ignoring the rest of the family.

"You think your precious Cullens will protect him? No, they'll focus on that little human."

"Edward" She whispered looking at him pained. "Please... tell me she's wrong" She said praying that she was wrong. "Would you protect him like you protect her?" She asked.

"He can protect himself" Edward said and she laughed shaking her head.

"Damn it, Edward" She said looking at him. "I protected Bella. I protected her when you abandoned her! I made sure she was safe! I protected her from James! I protected her from Laurent! I protected her from Victoria! I did that!" She shouted glaring at him. "And you're telling me, that you wouldn't protect Embry?" She asked.

"Edward, what is she talking about?" Esme asked talking in between the both of them.

"Victoria and I had a little chat after I chased her into the wolves territory" She said making everyone look at her but she kept her eyes trained on Edward. "She had just knocked Embry out. She blames me just as much as she blames Edward and Bella for James' death. She wants to kill Embry to get back at me like she wants to kill Bella to get back at Edward." She said and then looked away from Edward. She looked at the ground before continuing. "She said if I gave her Bella, Embry would be left unharmed. That she wouldn't go after him nor his family."

"What did you tell her?" Carlisle asked.

"I asked her what would happen if I didn't" Alison said looking at Carlisle. "She said she'd give us a war, we couldn't win" Carlisle looked at the rest of his family taking in the new information. "Why should I risk my life, to protect Bella, if you're not willing to do the same for Embry?" She asked.

"We'll protect him" Esme said walking closer to Alison. "He's our mate, he's apart of this family just like Bella" She said sternly looking at Edward. "We protect out family, we don't sell them out" She said looking at Alison.

"Face it, Esme" Alison said looking at her before looking at Edward. "I haven't been apart of this family since Bella came into our lives" She said.

"Alison, that's not true" Alice said walking towards her.

"Isn't it?" Alison asked looking at her. "You all look at me as if I'm a stranger. You're waiting for the old Alison to come back but she's gone! When are you going to realize that, she's dead and she's not coming back. I don't know what to tell you, this is who I am, I don't know the other Alison and I don't know what you expect from me" She said.

"Alison, we love you. You're still apart of this family" Esme said going to grab her hand but Alison shied away. "We will protect Embry, you have my word" Esme said.

"It's not your word I want" Alison said before looking at Edward.

"Embry is going to be fine" Edward told her. "Victoria doesn't want him, she wants Bella.. All she's trying to do is manipulate you into giving Bella over. She knows she doesn't stand a chance against the wolves"

"That's not the point, Edward" Alison snapped. "What if he wasn't a werewolf?" She asked.

"Victoria isn't after-"

"I'm done" Alison said shaking her head. "I'm done protect Bella, I'm done trying to be apart of this damn 'family'. I obviously don't belong anymore"

"Alison, that's nonsense" Carlisle said but Alison was already in her room.