Chapter Thirty Six - Intruder

"Are you ever going to go home?" Alison asked leaning against her doorway looking at Embry as he pulled his shirt over his head. Over the past couple of weeks he's been practically living in her room/

"What? Tired of me?" He asked smiling at her. She sped in front of him wrapping her arms around his neck. He wrapped his around her waist getting used to her speeding all over the place.

"Never" She whispered. He smiled leaning down placing a soft kiss on her lips. She leaned into him more kissing him back. "You need to go home. You shouldn't be angry with the pack, Sam is only protecting Emily."

"And Edward is only protecting Bella" He shot back. She gave him an annoyed look while he raised his eyebrows.

"That's different and you know it" She said walking out of his grip.

"Is it? Come on, babe. They have every right to focus more on protecting Bella, she's human, practically helpless." He said with a shrug. "I'm getting better at protecting myself, besides what if Victoria was bluffing?" He asked.

"And if she wasn't? I don't know what I would do if I lost you" She said and he walked over to her.

"You're not" He said grabbing her hand. "I'm not going anywhere. Besides, no offense to you but I'd rather have the guys have my back then them" He muttered and she smiled a little bit at him. "Besides, I know you like Bella. I know you want to be friends with her and it's not who you are to just do nothing" He said and she sighed looking at the ground. "If Bela gets hurt you wouldn't forgive yourself, so don't put yourself in that position" He said and she looked at him.

"I'll start trying to make amends with my family if you try to make amends with yours" She said and he nodded.

"Deal" He said. She smiled before going to kiss him again. He smiled pulling her close to him. "I've gotta go" He whispered. She wrapped her arms around Embry tightly. She didn't want him to go, she felt a lot more comfortable and at ease with him around. However, she couldn't just keep him around her at all hours of the day.

"I'll see you later" She said before he left. As he left Edward and Bella walked into the house. Alison walked out of her room and looked down the steps seeing them. Edward looking up at Alison already stressed from what he had found in Bella's room. "What's going on Edward?" Alison asked.

"I need to talk to everybody" He said not sure if she wanted to listen in or not, he wasn't even going to try to force her.

"Ok" She said surprising him. She went down the steps and into the family room. He then explained to the family that he smelt someone in Bella's room, a vampire.

"Who was it? Someone we know?" Alice asked.

"Just a stranger, I didn't recognize his scent" Edward said shaking his head.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme asked confused.

"A passerby wouldn't have left Bella's father alive" Rose said as Jasper and Emmett came back into the house. They had gone to track down the scent.

"Scent disappears about five miles south of Bella's house" Jasper said walking to Alice.

"Someone's orchestrating this" Edward said.

"Victoria" Alison spoke up.

"I would've seen her deciding" Alice denied shaking her head.

"It has to be the Volturi" Edward said but Alice shook her head again.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too" She said.

"So we keep looking" Emmett said determined.

"We also take shifts guarding Bella at her house" Carlisle said.

"Another protection detail?" Rose asked in annoyance.

"Rosalie" Esme scolded but Bella backed her up.

"No, she's right. You can't protect me, watch my dad, search for the intruder" Bella listed

"And Victoria" Rose added.

"And keep yourselves fed" Bella said.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless" Edward said. Alison clenched her jaw but didn't say anything. Esme looked at Alison knowing what was upsetting her.

"Well, I'm not gonna let you starve" Bella said shaking her head. "And I wouldn't be unprotected, I have.." She hesitated.

"What?" Edward asked.

"The wolves" Alison said and Edward looked at her. "They'll protect Bella while we hunt" She said. Esme smiled when Alison said 'we'.

"Embry is welcome to stay here" Carlisle spoke up. "While we try and stop Victoria and whoever is trying to get Bella" He said and Alison smiled nodding.

"I'll talk to him about it, I doubt he'll want to leave his mother alone" She said.

"If there's anything we can do, let us know" Esme said knowing they couldn't protect Embry's mother because she's on the reservation but they could protect Embry.

"Thank you" Alison said with a smile.