Chapter Thirty One - Concussion

"He's got a concussion but it's not bad. He'll be alright" Carlisle said after examining Embry. Alison relaxed nodding as Embry rubbed his face.

"Thank you" Alison said and Carlisle nodded before leaving her room. "How do you feel?" She asked moving closer to him.

"My head is pounding" He groaned. "What even happened?" He asked looking up.

"Victoria" She told him. "She threw you into a tree... it could have been worse, Embry. She could have killed you" She said just happy he was alive. Carlisle said amnesia would be normal with a concussion so it didn't bother her that he didn't remember anything.

"Are you alright?" He asked lifting his head but squinted his eyes under the light. She sped over turning the light off and turned on a lap that wasn't as bright as the main lights.

"I'm fine, she got away" She said turning back to him. "Again" She growled in annoyance.

"We'll get her, don't worry" He said and she sighed thinking about what Victoria had said to her. Embry didn't notice the worried look on Alison's face being in too much pain to notice anything as he laid down on her couch.

"I'm going to have to get you a bed if you're going to stay here more often" She said and he smiled a little bit.

"You don't have too, the couch will do" He said and she sped over to him kneeling by his head. She ran her fingers through his hair trying to be as gentle as possible. "That feels amazing" He muttered loving the feeling of her cold hand against his head. She got comfortable besides him wanting to make him as comfortable as possible. "You're mother isn't worried about you is she?" Alison questioned.

"She's always worried about me" Embry mumbled. "She doesn't know about werewolves or vampires so she doesn't understand me changing and stuff" He said. "She thinks I'm on drugs" Alison smiled. "She doesn't know that I've been sneaking out to be with an incredibly beautiful and bad ass vampire"

"Maybe I could meet her" Alison suggested. "Then maybe I can help get her off of your back a little bit" She said and Embry opened his eyes to look at her.

"I just don't want to take you to her and have her be mean to you. I have a feeling she'll blame you for everything and not even try to get to know you" He said.

"If I was able to win the other wolves over" She hesitated as she remembered the other wolves. She hadn't visited in a while, she was still too nervous to be around Emily. "Then I'm sure I can win your mother over" She said, Embry didn't notice the hesitance. She was actually thankful for his concussion, he didn't notice the little things so she didn't have to explain them.

"Ok" He said with a small smile. "I'd love for you to meet her" He said and Alison smiled.

"I can't wait" She said nodding. "Get some sleep, I'll wake you in a few hours" She said. Carlisle wants him awake every couple of hours to make sure he concussion isn't worse than he expected. Embry looked at her not wanting to go to sleep. He liked having alone time with her. "I'm not going anywhere" She told him with a smile. "Just get some sleep, please" She said and he looked at her for a moment longer before closing his eyes hoping to sleep off the head ache.

All the pain and discomfort washed away as Embry fell asleep. The more she grew closer to Embry the more Edward and Bella made sense. The more everybody made sense. She craved his presence, all she wanted was to be around him constantly. She didn't want a future without Embry. She would do anything to protect him, but did that include giving Bella over to Victoria? She spent the last couple of months protect her for Edward and now Embry was in potential danger. Would Edward protect Embry with the same dedication she protected Bella? Would she be able to live with herself if she gave Bella up? Would giving Bella up secure Embry's safety? Or would Victoria go back on her word and kill Embry after she was done with Bella?

*Predictions?*