Chapter Forty Five - Newborn Battle

"It's going to be alright" Alison whispered to Embry. They pressed their foreheads together, Embry was in his wolf form with the others. "We're going to get through this" She said before they separated. He didn't want to leave her but he needed to hide with the others. "Go" She whispered before joining her family.

"Alison" Jasper said looking at her. Alison nodded turning invisible. It was only a couple of minutes before the army broke through the treeline. As soon as they broke through the clearing the Cullens raced forwards the meet them. With Alison being invisible it was easy to take down vampire after vampire. She was killing left and right, the newborns didn't know how to fight against her. They had an advantage with her on their side.

It wasn't long until the wolves got involved. The leaped over the boulders taking the newborns by surprise. They kept Jasper's advice in mind, never got for the obvious kill. In the beginning they tried to do things on their own but they realized soon that the only way they were going to win this is if they work with the Cullens. Once they made that decision everything went more smoothly. Cullens looked after wolves and wolves looked after Cullens.

As Jasper predicted, Alison eventually lost focus as soon as she saw Embry being taken to the ground. She turned visible, losing the advantage she had. Racing as fast as she could she tackled the vampire on top of her mate ribbing his head off. She turned only relaxing when she saw Embry standing up, unharmed. He nodded to her and she nodded back before they got back into the fight. Alison stayed closer to Embry and they fought together. Alison batted a vampire to chase her and she led him right to Embry who gladly ripped him apart.

"Wait" Carlisle said as Alison went by him and Esme. There was a newborn hiding in the woods, not attacking the Cullens. "She said she wouldn't fight and we promised we wouldn't hurt her" Carlisle said making Alison nod.

"Aunt Alison?" The newborn asked making all three of them look at her.

"What did you say?" Alison ask and the new born smiled a little bit.

"I know you, you're my aunt, Aunt Alison" She said. Alison looked at Carlisle and Esme. This newborn knew her, she was connected to her past.

"We'll keep her safe, don't worry" Esme said as Alison looked back to the fight. "Go" She said and Alison looked at the newborn before nodding. She entered back into the fight much to Embry's relief as he had lost sight of her. Slowly the newborn army began to lessen and soon was nothing.

"Embry" Alison asked looking around. She turned around again and again before finally finding him. She relaxed racing over to him wrapping her arms around his large neck as they burned the newborns. "We're alright, we made it" She whispered holding onto him tightly. He pressed her against him as well.

"How long?" Edward asked showing up with Bella making Alison pull away from Embry.

"A few minutes, maybe ten" Alice said. The Volturi's coming.

"The pack needs to leave, the Volturi won't honor a truce with the werewolves" Carlisle said. Embry looked at Alison and she gave him a nod.

"It'll be alright" Alison whispered kissing his forehead. "I'll see you tonight" She said and he nodded rubbing his head against her body lovingly.

"Leah, don't!" Edward shouted making everyone look over. Leah raced after a newborn. Embry went to go to her aid.

"No!" Alison shouted racing in front of Embry preventing him from going after the newborn. Jake went to Leah's aid instead grabbing the newborn off of her. The Newborn managed to get his arms around Jake, crushing him instantly. Embry dashed around Alison tackling the newborn with the rest of the pack.

"Jacob!" Bella shouted racing towards him as he cried out in pain on the grass.

"Hold on, Carlisle's gonna take care of you" Edward said gently.

"The bones on the right half of his body are shattered" Carlisle said.

"Jacob, you idiot!" Leah snapped. "I had it"

"Leah" Sam scolded shutting her up.

"We need to get him out of here, we're not gonna win a fight with the Volturi" Edward advised.

"We'll take him back to Billy's" Sam said as the pack surrounded Jake.

"I'll be there as soon as I can" Carlisle promised as the pack lifted Jake onto their shoulders. They carried him away and the Cullens got ready to face the Volturi. Alison looked at the newborn as she looked around the family nervously. The newborn obviously knew her. She stood close besides Alison being more comfortable around her.

"It's going to be alright" Alison whispered to her. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you" She said suddenly becoming very protective of her.