Chapter Forty Six - The Volturi

"It's going to be alright" Alison whispered to her. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you" She said suddenly becoming very protective of her. The newborn nodded shifting closer to Alison. Alison reached over grabbing her hand comfortingly. It wasn't long until the Volturi showed up.

"It appears you've done our work for us" Jane said her eyes scanning the Cullen's. "Impressive, I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact" She said.

"We were lucky" Carlisle said simply standing besides Esme.

"I doubt that" Jane said not buying it.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight" Alec said from besides his sister.

"If you'd arrived a half hour ago, you would've fulfilled your purpose" Edward said.

"Pity" Jane said looking around again. "Why were they created?" Jane asked.

"They came for Bella" Alison said.

"Who created them?" Jane questioned.

"Her name was Victoria, perhaps you knew her" Edward said challengingly.

"Edward, if the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria why would've stopped her. Isn't that right, Jane?" Carlisle asked holding his head high.

"Of course" Jane said giving him a curt nod. "The Volturi don't give second chances, keep that in mind" Jane said her eyes landing on Bella. "Caius will be interested to know that she's still human"

"The date is set" Bella said trying not to be scared as she gripped onto Edward's arm. With one last look, they Volturi vanished. Esme glanced at Carlisle with a confused look on her face. They were all confused. Why did they do nothing about the newborn? Why did they not even acknowledge her?

"Where is she?" Rose asked looking at Alison.

"Where's who?" Alison questioned.

"The newborn" She said and Alison looked at the newborn besides her.

"She's right next to me" Alison said not understanding.

"Alison, no one is standing there" Esme said gently.

"Yes, she is" Edward said hearing the girls thoughts. "Let go of her hand" Edward instructed. Alison slowly let go of her hand and suddenly the newborn appeared. "You turned her invisible, you protected her" Edward said.

"I didn't know I could do that" Alison said looking at her shocked.

"I should get to La Push" Carlisle said and Alison wanted to go with him but also thought she should be with the newborn.

"We'll look after her, go with Carlisle" Edward said knowing that Alison should be with Embry. Alison nodded giving Edward a thankful look before looking at the newborn.

"You're safe now, stay with them, I have to go" Her eyes widened and she looked at Alison worriedly. "I'll come back and when I do, we'll talk about everything, alright?" She asked and she slowly nodded.

"Alison" Carlisle said and she nodded.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on her" Rose said coming up to them.

"Thank you" Alison said before going with Carlisle. They made it to La Push quickly and saw all of the pack standing outside besides Jake, who was inside.

"He's down the hall" Billy said and Carlisle nodded entering the house.

"Hey" Alison said walking to Embry. He just looked at her with a blank face. They all flinched when they heard Jake cry out in pain. She pressed her lips together before walking closer to Embry but he shied away from her touch. Alison looked at him confused.

"I think you should leave" He said his voice showing how much pain he was in. It wasn't a physical pain but an emotional one.

"What are you talking about?" She asked confused.

"If you didn't stop me, Jake couldn't have gotten hurt" He said giving her a hard glare.

"What?" Alison asked looking at him shocked. "If I didn't stop you, it would be you in there instead of him" Alison said.

"You don't know that" Embry snapped closing his eyes as Jake cried out.

"Embry, come on man" Paul said but Embry ignored him.

"I wasn't going to risk it" Alison said. "The newborn had the advantage, someone was going to get hurt and I already told you. You're safety is my number one priority. I'm sorry, Jake got hurt, I would never wish that on anyone" She said. "But I'm not sorry for stopping you and I'm not sorry for protecting you" She said and Embry clenched his jaw looking away from her. She pressed her lips together slowly nodding before backing away from him. "Fine, be mad. I'd rather you be mad at me but safe and not hurt" She said before walking towards Billy. "I'm really sorry about Jake"

"At least he's alive" Billy said barely above a whisper. Alison smiled placing her hand on top of her shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Come find me when you're not being a pouting bitch" Alison snapped before leaving. 

*So are you guys happy that Bree is still alive or no?*