Chapter Thirty Four - Downhill

Alison ran through the woods. She didn't know where she was going. She didn't want to go back to the Cullens house. She didn't want to get caught back at Embry's house. She even considered going to Emily's house. She wanted to know why she never told Sam about what happened, but that wasn't the case. As she ran through the woods she started to notice she was being followed by wolves. She slowed to a stop not understanding what was going on. Soon she was surrounded, all of them growling at her. She looked at Sam but he disappeared only to come back as a human.

"Sam, what's-"

"I want you off of this territory" Sam ordered.

"What?" Alison asked.

"I don't trust you not to hurt any of the humans" Sam said and Alison looked away. Emily did tell, Emily did see her as a monster. Now none of them trusted her. "Because you didn't harm Emily and because you're Embry's imprint, we won't hurt you. But you have to leave, now" He said sternly. Alison looked around at the other wolves. They were all glaring and growling at her.

"I'm sorry, Sam" She said looking at him. "I never meant to hurt anyone" She said.

"Just go before you do" He said and she slowly nodded. She backed away, Jared and Paul moved so she could leave. She darted away. Now she really didn't know what to do. She couldn't go to the Cullens, she couldn't go to Embry, she couldn't go to Emily's. She just ran until she knew she was off their territory and off of the Cullen's as well. Emily's terrified look burned into Alison's brain like the incident happened just yesterday. She thought about Tiffany's furious look, how she thought everything was Alison's fault and then she thought about the Cullen's.

She then thought about the Denali's. She couldn't remember them but she was sure she could find them. Maybe she'd have better luck in that coven. If they would take her. But being with them would mean being further from Embry. She was at the crossroads and didn't know where to go or what to do. She's never felt so confused in her life. She didn't belong anywhere and the only person she belonged with was somewhere she couldn't go. She wanted to just give up, what else could she do? She didn't see any other option. With her gone, Embry could have a better relationship with his mother. With her gone Edward wouldn't have to worry about her giving Bella up. The Cullen's wouldn't have to worry about looking after her. The wolves wouldn't have to worry about her killing Emily.

She looked back to the reservation. She remembered the last time she thought about leaving Embry, he traveled a long way to be with her. If she was going to leave, she needed to make her scent scarce. If she turned invisible it would be impossible to track her, she could go anywhere and nobody would be able to find her.

"Alison, wait" Alison spun around looking at Esme. "Please, don't go" She said. "You're my daughter and I love you. I know it hasn't been easy for you and I will work harder for you to feel like you belong. I promise you Embry will be protected. Just please, don't leave" She begged. Alison looked at her before closing her eyes and fell on the ground sobbing tear less sobs. Esme raced besides her pulling Alison to her chest. "Shh, it's alright" She whispered.

"I'm so lost" She whispered. "I don't know what to do anymore" She cried.

"It's going to be ok, baby" Esme whispered lovingly as she rocked Alison back and forth kissing her head as a mother would to her child. "It's going to be ok" She said. "It's going to get better"

"I don't see how it can, Esme" She whispered. "I can't see how it can get any better than this. Esme, I feel like I'm losing" She cried. "Like I can't do anything right. I just want to run away"

"If you run you'll never stop" Esme said gently. "If you run you'll leave so much behind."

"But I don't have the strength to stay" Alison whispered.

"Not alone you don't" Esme whispered back to her. "But when you accept us as your family and you trust us, you'll see that you don't have to go through anything alone. Rose and Emmett were there for you when you needed them to be. Edward stopped you from hurting Bella at her birthday party. Embry is your mate and will never leave you in a million years. I know we haven't been the best family but I will work on changing that if you just give me one more chance." She said and Alison slowly looked up at her. Esme smiled moving some of her hair behind her ear. "We love you, Alison. It's going to be alright, you're not alone in this and you will never be alone"