Chapter Twenty Six - Worries

"Bella?" Alison questioned walking out of the woods seeing Bella standing in front of Emily's house. "What are you doing here?" She asked confused.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here? What is going on?" She asked as Alison walked in closer. Before she could answer Embry came out of the house with a wide smile. Completely forgetting about Bella, Alison raced to Embry pulling him into a tight hug.

"Where have you been?" He asked burring his nose in her hair. "You just left, I was worried" He said before pulling away from her.

"I'll explain later alright?" She asked and he nodded still smiling widely.

"Come on, I think they boys missed you" He said and she smiled happy that she was finally winning them over.

"Come on Bella, I can smell Emily's cooking. She's pretty good, the boys eat it before it's even at the table so I'd hurry" Alison said before allowing Embry to drag her inside.

"Alison" Emily said with a smile. "We've missed you around here" She said.

"It's only been a couple of weeks" She said.

"Too long with Embry's moping around, being all depressed" Jared said relieved to see she finally came back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you.. It was important though" She said and Embry just smiled kissing the side of her head.

"It's alright" He said before sitting down.

"Who's this?" Emily asked as Bella finally made her way inside the house.

"Bella Swan, who else?" Jared asked her.

"So you're the vampire girl" Emily said. "The other one at least" She said giving Alison a kind smile.

"And you're the wolf girl" Bella said awkwardly with her hands in her pockets.

"Yea" Emily said nodding. "Well, I'm engaged to one" She said with a shrug. "Save some for your brothers" She scolded slapping Embry over the head as he went to grab another muffin. He pouted but put it back. Alison smiled walking up behind him, she ran her fingers through his hair and kissed the top of his head. She missed him terribly and it was obvious, since she arrived she hadn't been further than an arms length from him. "Leave it to Jacob to get around Sam's gag order" She said rolling her eyes.

"He didn't say anything or couldn't" She said confused about it.

"That's a wolf thing. Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we want to or not" Embry said enjoying the feeling of Alison running her hands through his hair, messaging his head. "Oh, check it out we can hear each others thoughts" He said grinning.

"Will you shut up?" Jared snapped sitting up. "These are trade secrets. It's bad enough she knows them" He said nodding to Alison. "Damn it! This chick runs with vampires" He said motioning to Bella.

"You can't run with vampires" Bella said shaking her head. "Cause their really fast" She said.

"Oh yeah?" He asked leaning closer to Bella. "Well we're faster" He said making Alison scoff. "Scared yet?" He asked.

"You're not the first monsters I've met" Bella said.

"Ouch" Alison muttered.

"I don't think your a monster" Embry said leaning his head back to look at her. Alison smiled leaning her head down to kiss his forehead. Bella couldn't help but smile at them while Jared gagged.

"Jakes right, you are good with weird" Sam said coming into the house going straight to Emily as Paul and Jake came in after him.

"Sorry" Paul said after grabbing a muffin. Alison looked at them weirdly not knowing what had happened.

"I'll tell you later" Embry said and she nodded not saying anything. "Come on" Embry said standing up. Alison looked at him but he only smiled leading her out of the house. "Where were you?" He asked holding her hand. "I was worried that you left like the others"

"I really didn't mean to worry you" She said sincerely. "I left to try and hunt down Victoria. Me and Emmett, my brother, went looking for her but we didn't have any luck. We almost found here in Canada but she slipped away. She's getting closer to Forks"

"We'll keep our eye out for her" Embry said and she nodded. "What else is bothering you?"

"Embry" She said as she stopped walking. "I don't know anything about this woman but what I'm hearing is bad. I'm just worried" She said. "I'm worried we won't be able to stop her and I'm worried about the price we might have to pay because of her"

"Hey, hey" He said calmly grabbing her by her waist. "It's alright" He said looking into her eyes. "We're going to be fine, I promise you"

"You can't make a promise like that" She said honestly. "The unexpected always happens and I'm scared" He pulled her into a tight hug. He didn't know how to comfort her but he wanted too. He just hugged her tightly hoping that it would help sooth her feelings.