Chapter Sixty Seven - Christmas

Alison walked up to Embry's house carrying a batch of freshly baked cookies. She couldn't help but to remember all of the weird looks she was getting from the other vampires as she baked. She couldn't count how many time she had to threaten Seth and even Jake to not eat the food that's meant for Embry and his mom. She had to race out of the house before any of them could go missing. As she walked up to the door she looked around noticing the snow was beginning to stick, it made her nervous. However, it was Christmas and she wanted to enjoy the day, she didn't know if she'd be able to celebrate another one if things with the Volturi went south.

"Alison, Merry Christmas" Tiffany said opening the door smiling at her. Alison grinned back happily.

"Merry Christmas" She replied. "I brought some cut out cookies, I hope they're good" She said coming into the house.

"They smell wonderful" Tiffany said before Embry came racing into the room. However, it wasn't Alison he was happy to see. He ran, his eyes trained on the cookies. Alison quickly lifted her hand stopping him from getting to the cookies. He looked up at her pouting.

"Your mother gets first picks" She said sternly. "This isn't Emily's house, it's not a free for all" She said making Embry pout even more but Alison wasn't phased by it.

"I can't remember having food for myself" Tiffany teased making Embry roll his eyes as his mom grabbed the cookies and walked away from them.

"They do smell good" Embry said smiling at her.

"Good, you're lucky they made it here. Seth and Jake were pretty interested in them" She said and he smiled.

"Good looking out babe" He said wrapping his arms around her.

"It's what I do" She said smiling as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Merry Christmas" He whispered before kissing her. She smiled pulling him closer to her.

"I love you" She whispered looking into his eyes. He could see that she was nervous and knew why. He remembered Alice's warning about the Volturi coming when the snow sticks to the ground, he was nervous too.

"It's going to be ok, we're going to get through this" He whispered to her.

"I know" She said smiling. She moved her hands to caress his cheeks. She memorized the way he looked, as if she'd ever forget. "I brought you something" She said pulling away from him. "It's not truly Christmas without giving something" She said pulling out a present for him. It wasn't big but she was hoping he'd like it.

"Ooo" He said snatching the present. She smiled at him as he opened it up.

"I had to have is specially made, I know you're not really a jewelry person but everyone in my family has one" She told him. It was a wrist band, similar to the one her brothers have, with the Cullen family crest sewn on it. "If you flip it" She said grabbing it and turned it on it's back. "It has your pack symbol as well" She said giving him a little shrug. "You're apart of my family, the Cullens. But you'll always be apart of your wolf pack" She told him and he smiled putting it on, with the Cullen crest facing upwards.

"I love it" He said pulling it into a hug. "My gift is shit compared to this" He whispered making her laugh.

"So, Alison, how long are you two staying?" Tiffany questioned. Tiffany didn't know everything about the Volturi and them coming to Forks. Embry thought it would be better to leave her out, they didn't want to worry her more than she already was.

"Well, My family is having a bomb fire later tonight with some friends" She said and Embry smiled.

"Oh, that sounds fun. I think I'll head over to Billy's later and check up on him. Jake hasn't been around lately and I can tell he's getting a little bored" She said and Alison smiled.

"Aren't you cold?" Bree questioned walking up to Leah. She had gotten back from the Swan house not too long ago and was outside. She had been outside for a while and Bree was slightly worried about her.

"I'm fine" Leah said. Bree smiled happy to not here any bitterness in her voice like she usually heard.

"Did you have fun at the Swan house?" Bree asked trying to make conversation but Leah wasn't helping. Bree sighed lowering her head before going to walk away. Leah pressed her lips together before turning to look at Bree.

"Yes, I did" Leah said making Bree stop walking. She turned around and gave Leah a small smile. Leah sighed before walking over to her. "Look, I know I said I was going to try and make this, us, work. I haven't been doing a good job and I'm sorry" She said fidgeting with her fingers.

"It's ok" Bree said with a small smile. "I've got all the time in the world" She said making Leah smile a little bit. "I'm not going anywhere" She told her before leaning in to kiss her cheek. "Merry Christmas" She whispered.