Chapter 1

"Sorry folks, but your flight has been delayed." The fairly young flight attendant announced over the loud speaker as I was standing in line to board the plane.

The crowd let out a sigh and began to disperse back into the seats around the gate.

I overheard another passenger ask the flight attendant what time we were delayed till as I stood there debating what to do.

"We aren't sure yet sir. We're just going to need everyone's patience until we get further notice." The woman replied.

I rolled my eyes and plugged my headphones into my ears, proceeding to the bathroom since I had the time now.

I stood in the full body mirror adjusting the collar of my oversized jean jacket that I had worn a thick black hoodie underneath, making the jacket fit my small figure better. I leaned closer to the mirror as I tucked a piece of my blonde hair back into the bun that sat sloppily on top of my head. I took a step back to observe my entire look; leggings and black high-top converse topped off my almost all-black look. I nodded at my reflection content with my look, although I looked messy. That's the way I liked to look. Not that I actually cared how I appeared to others.

I made my way out of the bathroom and back to my gate, hoping to see an update on our delay, but it remained the same.

Flight B13 to Los Angeles - Delayed.

I sighed to myself and tried to find a seat with the least amount of people around it. I ended up sitting in a corner facing away from the window.

I slouched down in my seat, turning up the volume of the music flowing through my ears. I leaned back and closed my eyes, letting the music drown out reality.

After sitting there for a few moments I felt a presence join my once isolated corner. I cracked my eyes open and saw a girl with silver hair and crystal blue eyes that stood out beautifully against her clear, pale skin.

I eyed her up and down quickly, taking in her unique style. Her clothes were extremely baggy on her, but it was definitely intentional. I tried to study her the best I could without having her notice me doing so, stealing quick glances at her. She looked so familiar, but how?

My attention switched off of her when I heard the voice of the flight attendant over the loud speaker once again, causing me to yank one of my headphones out.

"Unfortunately flight B13 to Los Angeles is delayed until ten o'clock tonight. We will be giving out refunds at our guest services desk. I apologize for this inconvenience." She spoke.

I glanced down at my phone to check the time and let out a long sigh as I fell back into my seat once again as I realized it was only two o'clock in the afternoon.

What the fuck am I supposed to do for eight hours in an airport?

"Yo, is this shit forreal?" The silver haired girl complained to the two older people accompanying her.

I subconsciously nodded along to her comment causing her to glance at me and I swear she smirked at our small interaction.

I quickly acted as though I hadn't seen her and plugged my headphone back in, skipping the heavy rap song that I was listening to previously. A softer song replaced the vulgar song as I began to relax a little, knowing I would be here for a while.

I've been watching you for some time
Can't stop staring at those ocean eyes
Burning cities and napalm skies
Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes
Your ocean eyes

As the slow tune danced in my head I made the connection as to how I know the ocean eyed girl sitting across from me.

That's Billie Eilish.