Chapter 46

Josies POV

I shot Eli a death glare as I finally gave in and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said very unenthusiastically.

"Josie, holy shit. You're actually speaking to me." She sounded relieved.

I stayed quiet, not caring to add any commentary unless I had to.

"I know this all looks bad, but trust me Dani and I are not together. I'm so sorry. I didn't know that there were even rumors going around." She explained.

"How did you not know?" I gave attitude.

"I've been so busy. I haven't been online much."

"I know you've been busy," I sighed, "I haven't really been able to talk to you lately and when I do Dani always right next to you."

If we're going to have this talk right now I might as well lay it all on her.

"I'm so sorry babe."

I missed hearing her call me that. I miss her in general. Just hearing her voice makes me want to forget everything and to go back to normal. I wanted nothing more but to tell her I loved her and for us to be happy again, but I can't let myself cave that easily. I need answers.

"Why couldn't you come to the green carpet then?" I questioned.

"I-" She stuttered.

"I can't tell you." She said quietly.

"You can't tell me?" I said anger growing in my tone.

Eli glanced at me with wide eyes before mouthing "I'm gonna go" to me and standing up to exit the room, leaving Billie and I to talk in private.

"No." She sounded disappointed in her own words.

"Okay, so there's secrets you're keeping from me revolving Dani?"

She let out a sigh over the phone.

"Josie-" She started, but stopped.

I could tell she was thinking of a response.

"This isn't how relationships work Billie. Not making time for one another, lies, keeping secrets. What's next?" I began to get upset.

"I know and I wish I could give you a better explanation."

"You know what?" I said.

I paused as I thought about if I really wanted to say what I was thinking. If I do there's no turning back. I can't unsay something.

"Even if you do come up with a better explanation, save it. I don't want to hear it. I'm so tired of all this bullshit Billie. I'm done." I felt hot tears coating my face.

"Josie, no please don't-"

I hung up before she could finish her sentence.

I sat staring at the phone in my hands as I let quiet sobs slip from my mouth. I can't believe it's really over. I didn't even get to find out if she loved me too.

I looked up to see Mila, Eli, and Isaac standing in my doorway. All three of them holding sad expressions on their faces. They knew what just happened.

"Jos." Mila frowned as she came up to me and brought me into her embrace.

I let myself break in her arms. I shattered into a million pieces. I've been hurt before, but I never knew it could hurt this bad.