Chapter 23

Billie's POV

The next morning I woke up still in Josie's arms. I looked up at her peacefully sleeping, feeling a small smile grow on my face. I gently wiggled out of her grip, carefully to not wake her, so I could grab my phone to see what time it was.

"Shit." I whispered to myself as I saw it was already almost noon.

Josie and I must've really been tired. I have to admit that last night was the best sleep I've gotten in a long time.

I stood up, fixing my clothes before looking down at Josie who was still sound asleep. I debated if I wanted to wake her before I left or not, but I decided to let her sleep. I'm sure she needs it.

I quietly opened her door and slid out of the room and exited her apartment, relieved I didn't have an awkward run-in with Camila.

I got in my uber and made my way to the studio. I totally forgot I had my recording for the finalized version of when the party's over today at noon.

I'm already late, Finneas is totally going to kick my ass.

I hopped out of the car before my uber had even come to a complete stop outside the recording studio. I ran inside, holding my baggy pants at the crotch to keep them from falling off my waist.

"You're late." Finneas said to me without taking his eyes off the piece of sheet music he was studying.

"Slept in, sorry." I rolled my eyes, still upset with him about yesterday.

"Where'd you sleep? Your girlfriends?" He spoke knowing his words would get under my skin.

I glared at him as Mike and my producer entered the room.

"She's not my girlfriend." I said under my breath, not wanting Mike to hear our conversation.

"Thanks for finally joining us Billie." Mike said with sarcasm.

"My bad." I chuckled as I held my hands up.

"You two ready to get in there?" My producer asked as he took a seat at the soundboard.

"Fuck yeah." I said as I grabbed my headphones and went into the recording booth, not waiting for Finneas.

"Listen Billie, I'm sorry yesterday didn't go how you wanted it to." Fin said as he grabbed my arm once we were in the studio together.

"I told you it wouldn't, but you still pushed me to talk to him about it," I ripped my arm from his grip and walked up to the mic, "Ya know what? I actually got my hopes up this time too."

I saw his facial express turn sad as he looked down at the floor, not able to look me in the eyes right now.

"Everything okay in there?" Mike spoke over the loud speaker in the booth.

"Lets just do this shit." I sighed as I placed my headphones over my ears, cancelling out the world.

"Yo that shits fire." I smiled as we all listened to the final version of the song.

Out of habit I immediately look straight to Finneas to share the happy moment with him. He's my best friend, brother, and musical partner, obviously I wanted nothing more than to celebrate with him.

He looked at me with a apologetic smile. I walked over to him and gave him a celebratory hug and stayed leaning into his side.

"You're right. I'm sorry Bil." He said quietly to me.

"I'm always right bro." I snickered and he rolled his eyes at me while he chuckled along.

Josie's POV

I woke up this morning to an empty bed. I wasn't sure when Billie left or if she had even stayed the entire night with me or not. I hoped that she had.

I haven't heard from her all day. She didn't text me letting me know she left or why she did without waking me. That's weird.

After a few hours of not hearing from her I decided to text her just to see what was up.

Josie: hey (:
Read at 3:15 p.m.

It was now past four and she had still not replied, yet she read my message.

Did I do something wrong? She was in a weird mood all night and she wouldn't tell me why. Maybe it does have something to do with me? I mean it makes sense. First she leaves me this morning then she ignores me.

I sighed as I pulled open my other unread texts. I had one from Elijah.

The better twin: Wanna chill tn?

Josie: sure
Josie: u guys can come over
our place whenever

"Billie stayed over last night?" Camila asked as she walked out of her room into the family room where I was sitting.

"She was over, yeah." I said blandly.

"How was that?" She wiggled her brows.

"I don't know."

"What?" She gave me a concerned look.

"We fell asleep and she just left at some point; no waking me to tell me goodbye, no text, no anything." I sighed.

"Maybe something came up." She tried to reassure me.

"I don't know. She was really upset about something last night. I have a bad feeling."

"You're probably just overthinking Jos."

I shrugged, not wanting to show how upset I actually was.

Billie's POV

"Shit." I whispered myself as I stared down at my phone that was open to Josie and I's texts.

I read Josie's text in the studio earlier and was going to text her back once we were done, but I totally forgot. My team and I went out to a celebratory dinner for finishing the song and I just now got home from it at ten o'clock. I had left her on read for over six hours.

I finally replied.

Billie: wyd?

She didn't text me back for nearly an hour.

Josie: nothin

As I was just chilling at home I was going through Instagram stories and saw the twins had posted a video of Josie.

Via Instagram

Why would Josie lie to me and tell me she's doing nothing when they're all together? Why didn't I get invited?