Chapter 33

Billies POV

I stormed away from Josie after she caught me listening into her and Elijahs conversation.

I can't believe she lied to me about Eli. She knew what was wrong with him the entire time. She was what was wrong with him.

That raises an even bigger question. What happened between them at the club? Did they kiss?

I felt my blood boil at my own question.

"Billie! Please stop!" Josie called after me as I continued down the long hallway.

"Stop!" She shouted again as she grabbed my wrist.

I turned to face her with an annoyed facial expression spread across my face.

"What's happening right now?" Worry was laced in her words.

"I don't know. Would you like to tell me?" I said coldly.

"What all did you hear back there?" She asked, making me more mad.

"It shouldn't fucking matter what I heard Josie!" I raised my voice at her for the first time.

She flinched at my words making me feel bad immediately.

"I asked you before we started dating if you and Eli had a thing. Why lie?" I said, calmer this time.

"We aren't a thing, we never were." She seemed flustered.

I gave her a look full of doubt because of what I had just overheard. I didn't hear everything, but I got the gist from the bits and pieces I did hear. After all it isn't rocket science.

"Listen, he was really drunk at the club the other night and-"

"Did he fucking kiss you? I'll kill him." I cut her off, getting pissed again.

"No! Billie stop!" Josie placed a hand on my chest to calm me, "He just said some stuff he shouldn't have. It wasn't a big deal or else I would've told you."

I let myself calm down a little bit. I can't believe how badly I just lost my temper. I guess I am just really protective over Josie. I don't ever want to lose her.

"I'm sorry for getting so heated." I apologized.

"It's fine Bil, but is everything okay now?" She asked with worried eyes.

I hesitated on how to respond to her. I don't know how to feel right now. Is my mans trying to get at my girl? How do I just act normal around him now?

"Is Eli into you?" I asked, still needing answers.

"No, not anymore." She explained.

"Not anymore?"

"I guess he liked me when we first met like a year ago and seeing you and I so happy together while he was plastered made him feel some type of way. He's like a brother to me Billie. Please don't worry." She spoke so calmly it soothed me as well.

I nodded as I took everything in.

"I am, ya know? Happy with you." She smiled at me as she took both my hands in hers.

"I am too. That's why I got so mad just now. I don't want anything to fuck this up." I admitted.

"Me either." She smiled.

I grabbed her face, cupping her cheek with my hand, and brought her lips to mine.

Josies POV