Chapter 56

Josies POV

It's been five days since Billie and I broke up and I haven't heard a word from her. She hasn't posted anything in days either, she has been completely off the grid.

I hate that after it all I still just want to make sure shes okay, even though she broke my heart. I hate that I still love her and what I hate the most is that I still have this ounce of hope that she'll come crawling back to me.

I heard a light knock on my bedroom door and rolled my eyes knowing it was going to be Camila nagging me to get out of bed like she has at least twenty times the last few days.

Why can't she just leave me alone to wallow in my own self pity?

"What?" I shouted.

"Hey." She peaked her head through my door.

She let out a sigh once she saw my room was completely dark and continued to let herself in. She walked up to my windows and pulled open my blinds, letting in the sun that I haven't seen in days.

I covered my eyes with my blankets in response to the bright natural lighting.

"Is that really necessary?" I groaned.

"Yes, yes it is. I'm not allowing you to become a hermit Jos. It's been nearly a week of hiding alone in the dark." She said in an annoyed tone as she approached me.

She threw the blankets off me, re-exposing me to the light and her wrath.

I immediately saw a sad look come over her face as she got a good look at me.

"Josie," she sighed, "get out of that."

I looked down at the big oversized sweatshirt I was wearing, it was the sweatshirt Billie let me wear in Sacramento when we were on tour.

"It's comfy." I protested.

Plus it still smelled like her, but I wouldn't tell Mila that.

"You aren't helping yourself." She rolled her eyes.

"Maybe I don't want help."

She looked at me with sad eyes before making her way back to my door frame.

"I'll be watching a movie if you decide to join me." She said full of doubt, knowing I wasn't planning on leaving my room anytime soon.

I nodded at her before she finally left me alone.

Simultaneously as she shut the door behind her I threw the blankets off myself as I let out a groan and got up to shut my blinds, returning my room to the dark.

As I turned around I caught a glimpse of my own reflection in my full body mirror. God, I looked terrible.

My hair was a rats nest at this point, my face was stained with dry tears, my eyes were swollen as were my lips from crying so much.

I wrapped my arms around my own body as I clung onto the hoodie. It's the only thing that is bringing me comfort right now. It makes me feel closer to Bil.

I felt a hot tear fall from my eye as I curled up into a ball on my bed, feeling nothing but sadness and the emptiness within me.

How haven't I run out of tears yet?

Billies POV

I felt my phone buzz next to me as I was strumming a new tune on my guitar.

I sighed, dropping my guitar pick, and reached for it.

Mike: Label wants to meet
tomorrow to discuss the single.
How's 10 a.m. work?
Read at 4:29 p.m.