Chapter 44

Josie's POV

"Yo Josie, thanks for inviting me." Elijah said as we got in our car to leave the event.

The carpet went extremely well today. It was honestly a blast. I let myself forget about everything that was going on with Billie for the most part and just enjoyed every moment of tonight.

I even talked to some officials of PrettyLittleThing and I have a meeting with them in a few days which is huge for me.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice. It means a lot Eli." I smiled.

"Anything for you, you know that. What did happen though? I thought Billie was supposed to be here?" He asked.

"She was." I said bitterly as I was reminded of the entire situation.

"What changed?" He asked.

"I wish I knew." I sighed.

He gave me a weird look.

"I guess something came up with Dani so she couldn't make it." I shrugged not really wanting to get into it.

"Hm, must've been pretty important then." He looked shocked.

"Who knows. Ya know, she'd do anything for Dani I guess."

"Josie." He gave me a serious look.

"Huh?"

"Don't even go there dude."

"I don't know Eli. You see how it all looks." I sighed.

He let out a long breath as he shook his head.

"I'm not crazy, right?" I asked.

"Nah I see it too." He admitted.

"But you and I both know they'd never do that to you." He continued.

"I thought that too, but-"

"Just let them explain Jos. I'm sure there's an explanation."

Maybe he's right. Maybe there is an explanation. Maybe I should give Billie a chance to explain like she had when she texted me.

"Yeah, maybe." I leaned back in the car seat lazily, letting my thoughts consume me.

Billies POV

I checked my phone in hopes that Josie had texted me back since I knew her event was over by now just to see that my messages were still on read from earlier.

Ugh. I just want to talk to her and to know we're going to be okay because right now it's not looking that way.

I felt my heart clench as the thought of Josie never speaking to me again crossed my mind. Shit, I don't know how I'd be able to live with myself if that's the way this ended.

I always find a way to fuck up anything good that comes my way. When Finneas told me not to fuck this up a few months ago he wasn't kidding. I literally fuck everything up.