Chapter 4

Adelaide

I pack all my stuff and hide it under my bed again. I need water or I won't survive outside the castle. I go down to the kitchen again and grab a waterskin to fill it with water.

When I get out of the door I bump into Eliza.

"Watch where you're going, servant," she looks at me. "Oh it's you. Hi, sister," she says the word sister with disgust.

I just say "Hi. I'm about to leave when she grabs my arm harshly.

"What is it you got there?" She loos down at my hand.

"Water, I was thirsty," I answer her. She looks at me skeptically. "I that so? You've never heard of a cup before?"

I just keep looking at her not knowing what to say.

"Well go ahead and drink your water sweetheart," don't mistake her nickname as affection, no not at all. She hates me just like everybody does. Well except for Elenor. I am the outcome of the king's betrayal of the queen after all.

I leave the kitchen and hurry upstairs. I don't think anybody knows about me marrying our enemy, but if word gets out Eliza might figure out what the water is for.

When I get to my room I see two maids cleaning it. I can see my closet filled with beautiful clothes that I have never seen before. What the hell is going on here? The maids never clean my room.

"What are you doing in my room?" I ask.

"The king requested we clean your room, update your wardrobe and bathe you, my lady," one of the maids say.

"Why?" I ask, confused. Even if they were preparing me for the wedding, it shouldn't be now.

"We do not know my lady, but we must bathe you now."

Not wanting to draw attention, I agree and let them undress me and bathe me. It was quite pleasant actually but something is very wrong. Why are they treating me like a royal?

When they finish bathing me, they dressed me in a fine ankle length dress with rhinestones at the neckline. Heels covered in rhinestones. They gave me a necklace and earrings matching the dress and shoes. They style my hair too.

"Oh my beautiful daughter, you look stunning,"

I look at my father completely in shock. Why is he nice to me? Why are they treating me well for the first time in my whole life.

"Let's eat dinner shall we?" I look at my father and follow him down to the dining hall. It is decorated like a wedding or some kimd of celebration, even though they are litterally celebrating my death. They know I will get killed. Well, after I get raped and beaten that is.

Everyone around the table stands up when we walk in. My father sits and I sit beside him. The table is filled with every food I can think of. My father stands and clinks his glass.

"Tonight we are celebrating my daughter's brave sacrifice for our kingdom. To Adelaide," everyone in the hall clinks their glasses together and say in unison ""To Adelaide," I smile, feeling a pang of guilt for not sacrificing myself for the kingdom. But why should I? They never did anything for me.

Everyone starts eating, so I do too. I feel Someone looking at me so I look up and see Eliza looking at me. Oh no she is figuring it out. Oh, God, I am doomed! I smile at her, she narrows her eyes. I keep eating and avoid looking at her through the dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, id you did please Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter