Chapter 7

Adelaide

"Adelaide, Adelaide dear, wake up honey" I heard Elenors voice keep saying over and over again. I tried to open my eyes but they felt too heavy. "Adelaide, sweetheart please wake up" I opened my eyes a little. I could see elenors worried face above me. "honey! Oh, thank God! Oh, my sweet girl!" she grabbed me en a big hug and cried in my shoulder. I didn't hug back, I couldn't feel anything really. Maybe I did die.

"honey how are you feeling," she said. I just look at her without saying anything. I look around, I'm in my room, my arms and thighs are bandaged. "can you please leave?" I say to her without any expression. "hon..." she says but I interrupt her "please Elenor" she looks at me with sad eyes and gets up and leaves.

I get up from the bed in wobbly legs. I feel pain, I can barely walk but I still do.  I look in the mirror and I can't see myself, Feeling like I'm screaming and no one's hearing me, trapped in this life knowing I can't free myself. I go back to the bed and cry myself to sleep.

"wake up you wench!" I open my eyes and see my stepmother above me. "get up! the wedding is in 3 hours! We can't have you looking like a beaten wife already, you thought hurting yourself would get you out of it? You have always been dumb Adelaide" 3 hours?? How long had I been out?

6 maids walked in with wedding clothes and accessories. "get up Adelaide! Today is your day darling" my stepmother said. My two sisters walked in looked at me laughed and walked away. I got up and a maid dragged me to the bathroom I fell down and she kept dragging me. "you better get used to walking Adelaide, you've got a long way to the beautiful kingdom of Pollemperie, maybe you will get lucky and they kill you before you get there"

The maids bathed me, I winced when the water hit my wounds on my body, I couldn't even see my skin color, I was black and blue and covered with cuts. When I finished they clothed me with wite lace undergarments. Then they gave me my wedding dress on, long sleeves, it went all the down to the floor and the neckline went as far up my neck as if could.

I guess they didn't want the king to see his wife, abused. it is why he is marrying me after all. He wants what is precious for the king. And of course, a king would always love his daughter. Little did they know that my father couldn't care less about me. I really don't care anymore I just hope they kill me soon. After hours they were finished with styling my hair and the makeup it did take long to cover the bruises after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter