Chapter 46

Adelaide

Its almost midnight, but i just can't get myself to go inside again... I can't. I've been out here for at least 4 hours. What am i supposed to say to Dominic, or do? I am just going to stay here till midnight, i hope he is asleep when i get there.

At midnight i go inside again. I stand in front of the door to the bedroom. I can see the lights are still on. I guess that means he isn't sleeping. I take a deep breath and open the door. When i walk inside the room. Dominic is nowhere in sight. I hear the shower is still on. Has he been showering for 4 hours?

Knock knock! I knock on the door to the bathroom. "Dominic? Are you in there?" I get no answer. I open the door and walk in. Dominic is sitting on the ground under the shower, fully clothed. His knees are bent and his head is in his hands. I turn off the water. I sit down beside Dominic. I put my hand on his shoulder. He is freezing cold and shaking. "Dominic" I whisper. I just want him to look at me. I wanna know if he is there.

"Dominic please look at me" "i am a fucking Monster" he whispers. A tear escapes my eye. I can feel his hurt. I put my hand on his hair and slide my fingers through it. "Dominic..." i don't know what to say. His shoulders move up and down and i realize he is crying. Oh my god. I grab his head and hold it to me. He holds his arms around and me and keeps crying. "Shhh, Dominic it's going to be okay. Max is okay. Alexandra is okay. Everything is gonna be okay. You're not a monster" i kiss his head. "Everything is gonna be okay" i keep saying.

"No, it's not. I keep killing everyone i love. Dont you understand it? I killed my mother, Sarah, Nathan and now i almost killed Max and Alexandra. It won't be long before i kill you..." he looks up at me. I put both my hands on his face. "Stop saying that Dominic. You didn't kill your mother, you didn't kill Sarah. You killed Nathan protecting me, okay? You are not a monster. You're kind, sweet, passionate, protective and patient. I dont know what happened today. But you didn't kill Max. You get these episodes... i dont know why, but we can fix it. I promise i will help you. You just have to have a little faith. You saved me, and now i wanna save you. Will you let me?"

"you can't save me, Adelaide. I am the God of fucking war. Do you understand? I am destruction, i am death, i am ruin, i am sorrow. Do you fucking understand? Why would you want to save me?" He says in his shaky voice? "You promised me that you would love me. You promised that I would love you. Why won't you let me? I want to be loved, Dominic." I cry.

I reach my hand out to him. He doesn't take it but i keep holding it out. "Please Dominic" he grabs my hand and stands up. I reach for his clothes, but he places his hand on top of mine. "I can do it myself. Thank you" i nod and wait for him. "Adelaide, go to bed I'll be there in a minute" i don't move. "Please," he says. I nod and walk out of the bathroom.

I change into my nightgown and lay down on the bed and wait for him. 40 minutes go by and he still doesn't come out. Just when i am about to get up to check up on him he opens the door. He is in a towel low on his hips. He walks over to the drawer and throws the towel on the ground baring his naked body. He puts on boxers and turns off the light. The bed dips and he covers us both with the blanket. I cautiously moved closer to his body, scared that he will push me away. But he puts his arm around my back and hugs me close to his body. He kissed me on my forehead. I fall asleep a little after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter