Chapter 13

Dominic

I did, I did? I keep hearing it over and over again. She did this to herself? "We camp here!" I command and all my men, get off their horses and start building tents. Adelaide is still holding my arm and walking with wobbly legs, blood still dripping. I sit her on a tree stump while waiting for a tent to be put up. She isn't crying anymore.

I let her sit, and walk over to Max. "what the hell man? What do you think happened to her? how could her father not see it?" Max asked when I stood beside him while he and 4 other built the tent for Adelaide. "she did it to herself" I answered shortly. "how do you know?" he asked. "she told me, and you saw the pattern and place. She tried to kill herself" I gulp.

When I was just thirteen years old, my mother killed herself. When she found out my father had an affair with the cook she just couldn't bear the pain and ended her life, She didn't bleed herself to death but she threw herself off a cliff. After that, I never let myself get attached to anyone or let anyone gets attached to me, to avoid going through the heartache of losing someone who killed them self or someone killing themselves because of me.

Thud!! I look behind me and see Adelaide have fallen on the snow. I run toward her and turn her face toward me. "Adelaide, Adelaide! Look at me!" she doesn't respond. "Max! Finish the tent for god's sake!" I check her pulse, she is still alive, for now. " it's done!" we lift her and put her in the tent.

"fuck! We have to stop the bleeding! The others will probably be here with a healer in about 6 hours, at least!" Max says while we put Adelaide inside the tents. It begins to snow. "just shut your mouth and help me fucking take this dress of her!" I shout. The laces were bound too right so I cut the whole dress of her.

"Holy mother of god!" Max whispers when we see her back. We quickly take the dress and press it on the wounds to stop the bleeding. "she didn't do this herself D, someone has whipped her..." I look at her back in complete shock. It was filled with cuts and bruises, her whole body was covered in bruises. Her arms and thigh were cut too. It looks like she has been tortured. This is how the men I torture looks like after I am done. How could anyone do this to a woman? And a kings daughter no less.

"it will get infected! Go get the fucktard, Erik. he's got some liqueur we can pour in the wounds so they won't get infected" Max run out if the tent. Who the fuck did this? And why? I'm fucking gonna kill them. The dress I had pressed on Adelaide, had turned completely red now.

A few minutes later Max came running inside. "here! I never thought having a drunk fuck with us would do any good" he handed me the bottle of clear liquor, I opened it and poured it on her back. "AHHH STOOOOPP! PLEASE STOP!" Adelaide screamed. "HOLD HER DOWN" I yelled at max. I held her down by her shoulders while she screams and struggled. "Adelaide! It's okay. I'm almost done! I'm just cleaning the wounds" I tried to comfort her but she wouldn't listen and kept screaming and crying.

"shhhhhh, it's over now, shhh" I cradled her head while she sobbed. We managed to clean the wounds on her back, thighs, and arms. "I-I can't do this anymore" she sobbed. "I just wanna die" "please just kill me" "I-I just can't" she kept crying. And I knew she wasn't talking about the physical pain. No, it was the pain inside. I knew all about pain in the heart. It's the wounds that you can't see that are hardest to heal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter