Chapter 55

Dominic

"we didn't do anything" I defend myself before she says anything. I didn't do anything. I was about to. but I fucking didn't. " i really couldn't care less about what you did Dominic," she says. My heart clenches. I should've just did it, at least i would have had a nice fuck. What the fuck is her problem? Why did she become so cold all of a sudden? She turns around and is about to leave.

"Adelaide wait!" She turns around. "What?" I feel like i am gonna lose my shit if she keeps up that attitude. "Why are you acting like this? What the fuck did I do to you?" She scowls at me. "You cheated on me!" She screams. "No, i fucking didnt! She came at me and i fucking threw her out! And i am not talking about now! You have had an attitude for a long fucking time" I say. She doesn't say anything. "i gave you all of me, Adelaide. I really fucking did. But it still isn't enough to make you happy. What the fuck do you want me to do?" I say feeling hopeless. Shit, I sound pathetic.

Her lips quiver, and a tear roll down her cheek. I want to touch her, comfort her but i dont really know where we stand right now, soi just stand there waiting for something. Anything really. I want her to say something, leave, hug me, kiss me anything. "Do you know how i lost my mother?" She whispers. Her mother? i know she is dead but i never really asked. I shake my head. "No, i dont know" another tear rolls down her cheek and she wipes it away with her hand.

"Dominic i am not mad about my father, really i couldn't care less if you killed him. But what are the consequences? For the people? Ours and them? Innocent people get killed in the war. And the soldiers? What about their families? Mothers losing their sons. Children losing their fathers. Women losing their husbands. Is it worth it? All for what? Pride?" she wipes her tears.

"Adelaide, this is how the world works. You can't expect everyone to like each other and be at peace. After everything you have been through you should already know this." I say. She shakes her head. "this is how we make the world work. We can change it, Dominic. I don't want to lose someone I care for, and I some want someone else to lose someone they care for. I can't let it happen" she sobs.

"Adelaide we will win this war." I say. "my father won the war against Embarlia, but I still lost my mother. My father won the war against Kalinashi, but thousands of people still lost their lives. Thousands of people still lost their loved ones. I can't lose you, Dominic. I need you. Our child needs a father." she places her hand at her belly and sobs. I move closer to her and hug her. She wraps her arms around my waist and puts her head in my shoulder and cries. Shit, what have I done?

She looks up at me, her face wet with tears. "Dominic?" Her expression turns from sad to... lust? "Yeah?" I focus on her face. I can't read her. "Please make love to me" she begs. I grab her face with my hands gently. "Okay" i whisper, my body getting heated in seconds. I lean in and kiss her gently. "Not like that," she says. "Huh?" I ask confused. What is she talking about? "Not gentle. I want you to be rough tonight." I look confused at her. "i want to forget everything, Dominic. Please. I don't want to feel this pain anymore" she begs while tears stream down her face. "Okay baby, whatever you need" i say and kiss her again a little rougher. I lift her by her ass and she wraps er legs around me. I walk into the study and close the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did please let me know by voting and/or commenting
See you in the next chapter