Chapter 45

Adelaide

When i went inside the meeting hall i couldn't believe my own eyes. "OH MY! MAAAX!!" Alexandra screamed and cried. Max is lying lifeless on the ground while Dominic is continuously beating him in the same rhythm as if he is in a trance. Blood is everywhere, there is broken wood everywhere from the broken table. My hand is on my chest as if it would help slow down my heart.

Suddenly Alexandra runs toward them and i try to stop her but she gets free from my grip. "Alexandra... its no use. He is dead" i whisper. I can't get my voice out. Tears stream down my face. "Max! Oh my God!! LET HIM GO! YOU FUCKING MONSTER! LET HIM GOOO!" Alexandra starts screaming and hitting Dominic.

I can see Max moving. OH MY GOD, HE IS ALIVE! "LET HIM GOO! PLEASE" Alexandra screams at Dominic. I run as fast as I can. BANG! I stop. Dominic had grabbed Alexandra and bashed her down on the ground. Now he is choking her. "Dominic! OH MY HOD DOMINIC STOP! " i scream but he doesn't stop. "You fucking coward! Dominic wake the fuck up!" Max croaks.

I try to get Dominic hands off of Alexandras throat but he doesn't budge. Her face is getting blue. Oh my god! I cry and scratch his hands. He doesn't budge. "Please, Dominic! Please! You're killing her!" He doesn't even acknowledge me. I grab his face and turn it towards me, but his eyes are still on Alexandra completely empty. Dominic isn't there. I can see he isn't.

"Dominic! I know you are in there! Please! This isn't you! Please, Dominic." I cry and plead. Slowly he blinks, and his eyes are getting watered. I slowly peel off his hands from Alexandra's throat. "Adelaide... what is?" He looks at me. I can't control my tears and my quivering mouth. I look behind Dominic and see Alexandra crying on maxs chest while he is moving his hand up and down her back.

Dominic turns his head toward Alexandra and Max. "Max... Alex... i-i I'm so sorry" his voice is breaking and shaky. His whole body is shaking. His hands are clenched and dripping with blood. He turns his face toward me again. He places his hand on my face while looking me in the eyes. He wipes my tears with his thumb. He is still shaking. Slowly his eyes drift down to his hand. I can feel the blood dripping down my cheek. I can see him gulping. He removed his hand and move his head to look down at his hands but i stop him. "Look at me, Dominic. Look at me" he looks at me but is about to look at his hands again but i grab his face. "Dominic... no. Look at me"

I can see the healers carrying max out of the room, and Alexandra following. I hold Dominic's head in my hands and give a little kiss on his lips. I can taste the blood. I stand up on shaky legs and reach my hand down to Dominic. "Let's go"I whisper. He gets up and we walk toward our room in silence. Everyone outside is looking at us.

When we get into the room i walk him into the bathroom and turn on the shower. Dominic stands in front of the sink and looks into the mirror. His mouth is dripping with blood. His clothes are soaked in blood. And his hands... his hands are dripping with blood too. I turn on the sink, grab his hands and wash them. I wet a towel and wash his face and mouth. "Thank you Adelaide... i can take it from here. Okay?" I nod. He wants to be alone. I walk out of the bathroom and close the door.

I get out of the bathroom and go look for Max and Alexandra. How could everything be so perfect this morning and in less than an hour everything went to hell. I don't even know where to look. I turn to a guard and ask him where they are. He leads me to a room at the end of the hall. Knock knock! I slowly open the door and see Alexandra and max cuddling on the bed. I am glad they are both okay. I let out the breath I had been holding for so long and got out again. What now? I walk out to the flower garden at the back of the castle. I need some fresh air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter