Chapter 29

Adelaide

It has been three weeks since I got here and I have never been happier in my life. I've been doing all kinds of stuff with Alexandra. She has shown me the most beautiful waterfall in the middle of the woods! I have learned to ride a horse, baked cakes for all the children at the children's home, painting with the kids too.

I've also befriended max, at first it was kind of weird because he is Dominic best friend but then he started talking and I could stop listening to his adventurous stories, even though I didn't believe all of them.  And then there is Dominic... I haven't really talked to him, only hellos, good mornings and goodnights. He is always at his study, doing whatever a king does.

He hasn't touched me either, even though we sleep in the same bed every night. Not that I want him to touch me... okay maybe I do, but not only that. I want to talk to him and get to know him, from Alexandra and Maxs stories he sounds like a whole other person but I believe them. I have seen his sweet and kind side.

today is the day! I am going to ask him to teach me to shoot arrows. Max showed me his arrow skills and I really want to learn it but he said that Dominic taught him and that I should ask him. At first, I didn't want to because I would only be a bother but then again, he is my husband! I can't spend my whole life not saying or doing anything with him.

"are you finished stalling, Addie?" Alexandra says. I am currently sitting at the table in my room drinking a cup of tea that was finished long ago. Yep, I am stalling. What if he says no? Or worse! Tells me to leave him alone. It would be so embarrassing. Oh God! I am such a girl. I am just asking my husband for a favor, that's all. U get up from my chair. "yep! See you later" I walk out with my chin up trying to take my courage. I walk as fast as I can so I don't back out again.

I bump into a body. "I'm so sorry..." I look up and see Max. "where are you going in such a hurry, young lady?" he smiles a knowing smile at me. "i-uhm I am going to ask Dominic to teach me how to use bow and arrow," I say. "oh my! Are you blushing Adelaide?" he fake gasps. I hit him in the shoulder. "stop teasing me!" I say and he laughs. "I am not! Go ahead! He is in his study. I am sure he will be very pleased" he winks at me. I shake my head at him and walk over to the study.

I stand in front of the door, music is playing from in there. I put my head on the foot to hear it clearer. It sounds so good, but it sounds sad too. I lean in a little more and the doors open form my weight and I stumble in. I look at Dominic sitting by a piano and his hands frozen in place. "I am so sorry! I was gonna knock but..." he gives me a weird smile. "You were gonna knock the door with your whole body?" He raises an eyebrow. I feel myself turn red.

He turns his body fully toward me and folds his hands together. "Well? What can I help you with?" He smirks at me. Why id everyone smirking and laughing at me? I feel like everyone is waiting for me to do something stupid! Max probably told him and now he just wants me to embarrass myself! "I am not here for your help, I walked past your study and thought I should say hi, "I said nonchalantly. "Is that so?" He smiles with his teeth showing, it looked like he was about to burst out laughing. God, I hate this guy!

I turn around for the door. "well bye" I wave behind me. "come back in" he commands. I stop in my track. "nope, I am leaving" I say and keep walking out. He thinks he can laugh at me and expect me to listen to him? "I said come back in, and close the fucking door, Adelaide" okay he sounds mad now. Does he have a split personality or something? I gulp. I walk into the study and close the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter