Chapter 53

Dominic

"Help me. Please. Help me" i wake up to Adelaide talking and moving restlessly in her sleep. "Help me" i hug her body closer to me. And she relaxes again. After my 'talk' with Atticus, i found Adelaide sleeping and Alexandra sitting beside her comforting her. When Alexandra saw me her eyes widened. I had blood on me from the splatters of blood from his eye. I took a shower and washed my sins away.

But i could feel it. I could feel the bloodlust trying to reach the surface. I could feel the need to rip something apart, the need go see blood flowing like rivers. Fuck i need to stop this! I can't go back to how i was after i lost Sarah and, my mother. I can't become a monster again. I can't do that to Adelaide. She needs me. I can't do it to my child. I take a deep breath and I relax my muscles, close my eyes and sleep with Adelaide in my arms.

...

"LET ME GO! HELP ME! MOM! HELP ME" Adelaide screams. "Adelaide! Shhh" I shake her. She opens her eyes. Her breath comes in small short gasps. "you're safe. You're safe" I repeat over and over again while hugging her and carresing her back. She cries in my shoulder. After half an hour, she relaxes.

" when did you come back?" she asks with teary eyes. "Not long after leaving, "I say smiling at her while playing with her hair. She looks down at my mouth and then up to my eyes again. "Where were you?" She asks with worried eyes. "I just needed to ask your father about something" she furrows her brows. "About what..." the sound of loud hooves appear outside the castle. She gets up from the bed and looks out of the window. "Dominic... what did you do?" She turns and looks at me.

"I wanted to know if he was involved in your attack," I say nonchalantly. "So you just asked him?" She asks. What is she getting mad at me for? "Yes Adelaide, i just asked him. While he was being strapped to a chair and beating black and blue" her eyes widen. "Dominic! Why would you do that?!" she yells at me. "What the fuck are you yelling at me for?" I yell back at her.

"You tortured him, Dominic!" She yells back. "Yes, i fucking did! And you know what else i did? I stabbed his eye with a flaming hot metal pipe! And i'd do it again a thousand times" she holds her hand over her mouth. "You are a monster! You are just like him Dominic! He tortured me! And now you torture him? You did exactly what he did, but worse!" "I DID IT FOR YOU!" I shout. What the fuck? Is this her thanks?

"FOR ME?! For me, Dominic?! Did i ask you to? Dont i have enough blood on my hands? Didn't you marry me so you didnt have to start a war?! And now you are starting one for me? Are you stupid?" Her eyes spill with tears. Then she laughs. "I thought i loved you, how stupid can i be? I can't love a monster" my jaw tick and my fists clench. "I am not like him. I did it because he had put someone to attack you, i did it because he fucking tortured you. He deserved it. He won't start a war, he is a pussy" i try to defend my actions. But i know she is right. Just like my father said. To defeat a monster you have to become one. Turns out i already was one. But i already knew that.

She moves toward the door and i stop her. "Where are you going?" I ask. "I dont want to be in the same room with you," she says defiantly. She tries to get past me but i dont budge. "Stay here, I'll fucking leave". "Then fucking leave" she spits. I shake my head in disappointment. Fuck this shit marriage and everything that comes with it. Fucking bullshit. I open the door and get out. Bang! She smacks the door behind me. I feel my hands shake. I need to fucking destroy something right now... or someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter