Chapter 49

Dominic

Well, what do you fucking know! That fucking dog is smirking like he won something. Adelaide's father is hugging Adelaide so tight as if he is trying to crush her to death. And she is just standing there trembling. I don't wanna interrupt, he will think she is weak and he is winning but i know her better than that.

If he doesn't let her go in 5 seconds i will have his head. 5... 4... 3... Adelaide pushes her father away. "aw honey. Don't you miss papa?" he says in a sarcastic voice. She doesn't answer. "Atticus, nice to see you again." I shake his hand and move closer to him. I am a head taller than him so he is looking up at me like a lost puppy. I keep holding his hand and squeeze it until his face is red from the pain. "Ffh" he whimpers when i squeeze it one last time. "I hope you'll enjoy your stay here," i say and let go of his hand. His jaw ticked but he didn't do anything. He is a coward after all.

I hear Adelaide stepmother and sisters fake excitement for Adelaide. I feel sorry for Adelaide having to listen to their voices. "ahh, brother! Long time no see!" I turn my head and see Cayden "it sure is! How are you doing" I am about to shake his hand but he grabs me and gives me a big hug. I'm not really into hugs but Cayden has always been like that. "what a beautiful wife you got there! Nice to meet you Queen of Polemperie" he takes her hand and kisses it. She blushes and looks at me. I raise my brow at her. She smiles shyly.

Cayden turns and looks at her father. "and you must be the rotten king" her father's face becomes crimson and a vein pops in his temple. Atticus is about to draw his sword but i am much faster so I have the sword by his throat before he even gets the sword out. I hear everyone gasp. Cayden turns to look at me and smirks "the student becomes master, eh?" I wink at him. Cayden was the one who taught me the true power of a sword and then he fled from here with the queen of Akendenem and became king.

"Now Atticus, in case you haven't noticed. You are in my kingdom now. Use your head before you do anything, or you'll lose it" i withdrew my sword. "Let's eat now, shall we?" I say and put my hand on Adelaide's waist and lead the way to the dining hall.

...

The dinner was silent. The only two talking was Cayden and I. I could see Atticus looking at Adelaide throughout the dinner and so did his wife and daughters. I knew Adelaide felt uncomfortable but there wasn't anything i could do so i just put my hand om adelaides lower back for comfort. If only Alexandra was here, she is good at such things.

Cayden and i continue to talk, well Cayden talks and I listen. Suddenly i hear Atticus' wife talk and i zoom out of caydens voice. "Oh, my Adelaide! You sure do eat a lot. You have gotten quite fat since you left"I turn my head and look at her she is smirking, then i look at Adelaide. Her face is red and she puts down the fork and knife. "No offense, but Eating like a bird went out of style with the corsets and hoop skirts, years ago. I do like to have something to hold on to when i make love to my wife" i say nonchalantly. They all look at me with wide eyes. Adelaide looks up at me and i wink at her. She smiles shyly.

I put some more food om Adelaide's plate. Adelaide turns fully to me, grabs my face and gives me a peck on my lips "Thank you, baby," Adelaide says confidently and starts eating. I sit still in shock. Did she just call me baby? And kiss me? That's a first. I turn back to Cayden and act like nothing. He raises a brow at me. I smile And we continue our conversation. While the Soleria household sits in silence, brooding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter