Chapter 16

Adelaide

I woke up to birds chirping. Knock knock. "come in," I say. "good morning, my queen," Alexandra says. "good morning Alexandra," I say. "how are you feeling today?" she says. I stretch out. "I'm still sore but I think I'm good, thank you" she smiles brightly. "then let's go! Everyone is already sitting in the dining hall, we eat breakfast there too"

I gulp. "everyone?" I ask. "yeah, Dominic, Max, Leon, and Caleb, finally there is another girl with me! I'm kinda getting tired of all the men's talk" I get up and look down at my night clothes. "oh don't worry I will get the maids to get a bath ready for you and some clothes" she walked out of the room.

An hour later I was ready and put in a very beautiful dress. My hair brushed and perfectly braided. "are you ready?" Alexandra asks while I'm standing in from of the mirror. I nod. "but Alexandra?" she turns around and faces me. "yes?" "didn't you say that they were already eating breakfast an hour ago?" I ask her. "they are waiting for you, they won't eat without the queen" my eyes widen. "you knew they were waiting and you let the maids take their time styling me??" I ask.

She is gonna get me killed! She laughs. "Men are impatient, someone needs to teach them some patience. And now I have you to help me! Let's make them suffer" she keeps laughing and walks. I follow. "I've got a feeling you're gonna get me in lots of trouble," I say. "You have no idea" she answers with a smirk.

We stand outside of a large door, I can hear laughter and talk. I feel my hands sweaty, what am I supposed to say or do? How am I suppose to act? I may have been a princess but I was never treated like one, so I didn't have to act like one either.

When we walk in everyone goes quiet, I gulp and look down. Alexandra nudges me and I look up to see an empty seat beside Dominic, I walk towards it and sit down.

Alexandra sits two seats away between the soldier that held me down with Dominic when they cleaned my wounds, and another soldier. He looks me in the eyes and smiles, "good to see you up, my queen" he says. "Thank you, sir," I say. "Oh please, call me Max or Maximilian"I don't know why but I can feel myself blush. So I looks down at my lap and fidgets with my hands.

"Oh my god! Why are you all making this so awkward!" Alexandra shouts. "Lets eat, I Think we have been waiting long enough," one of the other soldiers says. He gives me a little smile and starts filling his plate with food. Everyone starts filling their plates. I still don't move.

Suddenly Dominic switches his plate that he just filled with food with mine. I don't know how to react. "Thank you," I say. He just nods and starts piling his plate with food. Just when I'm about to eat I catch Alexandra's eyes. I couldn't read her expression, then I see her look at max and he is looking at me with the same expression. Weird. I ignore it and start eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter