44

The next day Dimitri and Lynn volunteered to take Dominic and I to the airport.

One good thing about having a private plane is we get to go right to it.

Dominic got our luggage out of the trunk. Colin walked out of the plane to greet us.

"Hello October and Dominic. I hired a steward for the flight."

"Oh thank you Colin."

The steward came out of the plane and took our bags. Dominic and I boared and took our seats.

"Does your mom know we're coming?"

"I'm not calling her my mom. My mom lives in Colorado. She's just Carol. And no she doesn't. I'll call back the number that's in my phone when we get to the hotel."

"Are you ok with all this?"

"I'm nervous and I'm pissed off."

"If you change your mind I'll tell Colin to fly us to Spain instead."

He laughs.

"Spain?"

"Yeah I've always wanted to go to Barcelona."

"Me too. Not to mention other places in Europe."

Hmm that actually gives me an idea.

About an hour and half later we land in Sacramento.

"Have you ever been here before Dominic?"

"Yeah few times on tour. I actually booked a room at the hotel I've stayed at before. But I was a little too drunk to remember what room I was in last time."

"I'm sorry. I know that's because of me."

"Well you and being mad at myself."

I lean in and kiss him on the nose. He just smiles back.

Dominic rented a car for us. We start driving and I'm just trying to look around at everything.

Little while later we pull up to the hotel. Looks fancy as fuck. Dominic valets the car and a bell hop takes our bags.

We go to the front desk and there's a girl behind the counter staring at Dominic.

"Well hello Mr. Kinkaid it's very nice to see you again."

When she said that she winked. I look at Dominic and he has a guilty look on his face.

He checks us in and we head to the elevator. The whole time in the elevator Dominic didn't say a word or even look at me. Great now my mind is starting to wonder.

I think he fucked her.

We get to the room and I go into the bathroom and lock the door. I splashed some cold water on my face. I dried off and walked out onto the living room. Of course Dominic booked a master suite.

I looked around but I couldn't find Dominic. I called his phone but it went straight to voicemail. He wasn't responding to texts either. What the fuck is going on?

I heard a knock on the door and of course I thought it was Dominic. I opened the door and it was the bell hop. He unloaded our bags and I gave him a twenty.

I went through one of the bags and I found one of Dominic's shirts. I changed into it turned on the TV and cuddled up into bed.

I have no idea what's going on. I have no idea where my husband went. It's scaring the hell out of me.

Is this his way of leaving me?

Apparently I fell asleep. I got out of bed and walked out to the living room and it was filled with orchids. Dominic was standing in the middle of the room.

"Um what's going on?"

"I have to tell you something."

"Ok?"

He sits down on the couch and I sit next to him.

"Dominic what's going on? You're scaring the hell out of me."

"Ok. Um that girl downstairs I may or may not have slept with her the last time I was here."

I swallow hard.

"When you were on your last tour?"

"Yeah."

"When we were broken up?"

"Yeah. Like I said I was drunk. Which isn't an excuse. After the show I went to a bar obviously. Came back to the hotel raided the mini bar. Went downstairs started flirting with her. She came back up to the room and that's the last thing I remember."

I'm just sitting there quietly. Dominic is just staring at me just waiting for me to say anything.

I don't say anything I get up walk to the bedroom throw on some sweats. I go downstairs to the front desk.

"Um hello Jamie?"

"Yeah?"

"Come here?"

I say really quiet. She leans in closer.

"I assume you know who I am right?"

"Y-yes I do."

"I'm only going to ask this once. Did you sleep with my husband?"

"No. Honestly we didn't do anything. We kissed for a couple seconds then he pushed me away from him. Then he told me to get out. That's all that happened."

I don't respond I just walk away going back into the elevators. I go back to our room and walk up to Dominic and smack him across his face.

"Nothing happened with her."

"Then why the hell did you smack me!"

"Because you kept it from me! I told you right off the bat about Jason! Any other road skanks you're not telling me about?

I know we were broken up. So if you did do anything it wouldn't affect anything. But you didn't tell me!"

I can tell he's disappointed with himself.

"Honestly I forgot about the whole thing until I saw her. If I did remember no way in hell I would of booked our room here."

"Would you have told me if you remembered?"

"Honestly yes I would have told you if I did remember. But just like you with Jason I couldn't go through with it. Even broken up, pissed off, and drunk off my ass I still loved you and I couldn't do that to you. I'm sorry."

"Yeah I was those things too when I kissed Jason. We are too much a like. No matter how difficult the situation may be, please just tell me."

"I will no matter what I promise. I love you."

"I love you too."

Dominic walked up to me wrapping me up in his arms. He leaned down kissing my lips then picking me up carrying me to the bed.