59

I pulled Travis into the hallway.

"I'm surprised you actually showed up."

"Yeah well my baby mama called me so I figured I'd show up."

"Are you alone?"
"What do you mean by that?"

"Is Carol with you?"

"Maybe she is maybe she isn't."

"Really? Why do you insist on being such a prick!

I've called her left messages explained what happened. Do I get any kind of response? No I don't! So if she is here I would like to know!"

"She's in the waiting room."

"Ok."

I go back into the room.

"Dominic and Jason come with me. Let Travis and Elizabeth talk."

I lean in close to her ear.

"Don't tell him about my dad if he brings up a lawsuit against you. If he does anything out of line call a nurse."

She nods her head.

Me and the guys walk to the waiting room. I see Carol sitting in a corner by herself.

"I'll be back."

Dominic kisses my cheek. I walk up to Carol.

"So were you ever gonna call me back or was that your way of saying you didn't wanna talk to me anymore."

She looks up at me with a shocked look on her face. I sit in one of the chairs across from her.

"I'm sorry October. It's just I've been stressing out over bills. I didn't know what to say to you."

"How much debt are you in?"

"Well Chemo pretty much cleaned me out. And I'm almost out of your father's life insurance.

I've only got enough in there for my next months utility bills.

Not even enough for my hospital bills. Which are something over $100,000. So around $50,000."

I don't know what to do I feel bad that she's having financial trouble but I keep thinking she's trying to get money outta me. I need to talk to Dominic about this.

"Um Carol I'm sure you've heard that Dominic and I are getting remarried."

"Yeah I've been hearing about it."

"Well I'd be happy if you could make it next Friday."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You can meet my mom and dad."

"I'd love to come. But um what about Travis?"

I breath in deeply. Then I hear Dominic behind me.

"He can come as long as he keeps himself in check. Wedding or not I'll still knock his ass out."

"I'll have a talk with him Dominic."

Me and the guys walk back down to Elizabeth's room. Lily was asleep in her bassinet and Elizabeth was sleeping as well.

Travis left a few minutes ago. I look over at Jason and he's falling asleep. I walk up to him.

"Psst Jason."

I jolts up.

"What? Something wrong?"

"Everything's ok. Dominic and I are gonna go. Will be by later."