123

The next day my mom and were getting ready to go see Jacob.

For some reason I think he's being genuine with his intentions.

When I met with Carol I got a weird vibe. I wasn't sure what it was but I wish I would have listened to myself. I guess I was just desperate to know her again.

"Hey sweetie are you ready?"

"Yeah. Um after we speak to Jacob can we go to the mall?"

"Of course baby."

"Good cause these clothes are almost too tight!"

"Well wear some leggings baby."

"I am mom!"

"Oh my little jelly bean is growing!"

"Yeah into a watermelon! Fuck it I'm wearing Dominic's clothes."

I go into the closet and find a pair of his sweats. And my girls still hurt so no bra. I'm doing what Elizabeth said and I'm wearing a tank top under my shirt. Well Dominic's shirt. I'm so glad he's so much taller and bigger then me.

"Ok now I'm ready."

"Well at least your feet haven't swelled up yet."

"Yeah I know. Or my hands! If I couldn't wear my ring I'd cry."

Not like I need anything serious like that to make me cry. When I got up this morning I cried cause we were out of orange juice.

Poor Blaze had no idea what was wrong with me but he kept bumping his nose to my hand. Then I started to cry more cause he was being so sweet.

Speaking of sweet Dominic hasn't called me yet and it's almost noon. I hope everything is ok.

My mom and I were on the way to the prison when my phone rang.

"Geez finally!"

"Sorry my love. I got into a thing with Dimitri over a new song."

"You two need to quit arguing so much you know."

"Oh not arguing for once. Surprising huh?"

"A bit yeah."

"We we're writing a new song and thing to figure out the melody."

"Is it a fast song?"

"Yeah. Like most of them."

"True."

"So what are you doing today?"

"Mom and I are on our way to the prison."

"Hope everything goes ok. How did you sleep last night?"

"Better. After we video chatted I got a snack and took half of one of those pills. I was out in like thirty minutes."

"How long did you sleep for?"

"Um about six hours. Then I had to pee and I needed another snack. Oh by the way I'm wearing your clothes right now."

I hear Dominic laughing.

"Don't laugh!"

"Baby she's gonna grow."

"I know but she's growing too fast!"

He laughs again.

"We're at the prison baby."

"Ok love I'll call you later. Love you."

"Love you too."

My mom and are waiting in the visiting area. Few minutes later Jacob is finally brought in.

"Jacob this is my mom Jill."

"Nice to meet you Jill."

"You too Jacob."

"I'm actually surprised you came back."

"Yeah well I did some research."

"Find anything interesting?"

"Oh yeah. I'm actually glad Carol left me. Um can I ask you something?"

"What's that?"

"What was the name of your first son?"

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"Yeah I do."

"Travis."

"I'm actually not surprised.

I don't know what to think about you. I don't know if I can trust you or not."

"Well like I said I'm in here for a couple more years. Not much I can do to try to exploit you and your husband."

"Yeah I guess that's true."

"Look October I'm not sure what to say to make you believe me. After what she did I don't blame you either.

But I'm not gonna give up to know my daughter. And my grandchild."

"I'm having a girl."

I can see my dad smile.

"I'm not a bad or evil man like your mom portrayed me to be. I was an honest working man. Who loved his daughter. Who cried for his daughter but was black mailed by an evil, mentally ill woman who I thought loved me."

Damn it I want to believe him so badly right now. I look over at my mom and I can tell she wants to say something.

"Jacob to me it does sound like your intentions are insincere but as you can tell October is in an extremely vulnerable state of mind at the moment.

She doesn't need another person trying to manipulate her.

She has a husband that'll do anything to protect her. If you saw the news a few months ago you'll know what he did to is own father.

And I'm sure he'd have no problem doing the same to you if you hurt her."

"I have no intentions whatsoever to hurt you October in anyway. And I'll do anything to prove it to you. I just want to be in your life when I'm finally released."

"This is something I just gotta put a lot of thought into before I can give you an answer."

"I understand. I've never stopped loving you October. Even though you were adopted by a wonderful family, I still consider you my daughter."

I'm trying so freaking hard not to cry right now.

"Um mom we need to go. Sage is hungry."

We get up and leave. When we get to the car I burst into tears.

"Mom I don't know what to do."

My mom wraps her arms around me pulling me closer to her.

"It's ok baby. Will work this out.

We always do."