Let the Games Begin!

One week had passed and it was the day the sports festival was supposed to begin. I had been training all week to try and push my limits to a few of my abilities, mostly for my plasma, psi, and futuresight abilities. I was able to generate plasma on my limbs a little bit longer than I used to be able to, now holding it for around 30 seconds. My psi ability was the most improved as I was able to find a new comfort zone of power at 85,000 and increase the max power to around 150,000. I wasn't able to improve my futuresight ability however, as every time I would try and extend it's length of use I would just start getting a burning sensation in my eyes. I also tried improving my reaction speed, with help from my dad who borrowed a skeet shooter from his workplace. I could dodge skeets with minimal effort now and I felt I was quick enough to get ahead of any competition. 

I walked to school that morning and prepped myself for the festival. I changed into my training uniform, apparently we aren't allowed to wear our hero outfits in case they give us any sort of advantage so it was fair. I began walking to the waiting area for our class and on my way I was joined by Hiryu Rin(Quirk: Scales) and Kosei Tsuburaba(Quirk: Solid Air). "You ready for the Festival Cry?" Rin asked. I responded to his question, "I've been training all week, trying to improve my quirk abilities, I think i'm ready now." Tsuburaba jumped in and said "I wasn't able to improve my quirk at all last week, I hope it doesn't put me at any sort of disadvantage." "Nah, I'm sure you'll do find buddy, it's a team effort remember. We'll get through this together.' I said to him as we made our way to our waiting area.

As we all waited we could hear the crowd outside getting all hyped up for the first event. Then we could hear Present Mic's voice saying "It's time to get this sports festival started! Please give me a hand in welcoming our first group to the stadium! I'm sure you've heard all about them by now, it's the class that was attacked by the group of villains a few days ago, class 1-A!" The crowd roared and cheered as class 1-A made their way into the stadium. I saw Midoriya and Uraraka walking with their class on a tv screen in our waiting room. While class 1-A was walking to the center of the stadium, we exited our room and waited for it to be our turn to enter the stadium. We could hear Present Mic begin to talk again, "And next up, another one of the hero course classes, here to prove their no slouches either, it's class 1-B!" We began to walking into the stadium, and it was a little intimidating at first, seeing so many people and knowing that they'll all be watching you. I shook it off though and raised my hands, waving to the crowd. We arrived at the center of the stadium and waited in anticipation as the rest of the first year classes were called out to the stadium.

After all of the first year classes were in the center of the stadium, the pro hero Midnight appeared and began the announcements for the first event. "Before we begin the first event, we will choose one student to come up and say the UA oath. And that lucky student is... Katsuki Bakugou!" She said out to the crowd. To my surprise I saw the ash blonde haired boy walking up to the microphone. When he arrived the only thing he said into the mic was "I'm just gonna say... I'm gonna win." Everybody had begun to boo him as loud as they could, I kept my mouth shut and just felt anger on the inside. It was weird, every time I saw him it just made me angry. 

When he returned to the crowd of students, Midnight took the microphone and turned our attention to a giant screen. "Without further a do, let's begin the UA sports festival with our first event! And the first event will be...!?" She said with excitement. Everybody waiting to see what would come up on the screen. It stopped and some people were shocked. "The first event will be the obstacle course! Student will participate in a three part race where anything goes. The race will take place just outside of the stadium and will consist of one full lap, the first person to return through the entrance will be the victor! Make an alliance, take out the competition, try and succeed on your own, it's all allowed so show us what you're all made of. Now, everybody to the starting position!" Midnight yelled out to us. Everybody made their way to a starting line and we all waited for the starting signal. 

After a minute of waiting, a buzzer sounded throughout the stadium and all of the students took off toward the entrance. Looking at the entrance I could see that it was very tight and everybody would probably get bunched up. I figured I could get through a lot faster if I flew through it but I figured I could help out some of my classmates in the process. I looked to see who was nearest to me and saw it was Togaru Kamakiri(Quirk: Razor Sharp). "Dude, everyone's going to get bunched up in the entrance, i'm gonna fly over and i'll carry you over too. it'll give us a bit of a lead on the competition!" I yelled over to him. He looked over to me and said "Sure thing man, good idea!" As he began to move over to me. I took his hand and sprouted my dragon wings from my back and took off over the crowd of students, carrying Kamakiri with one hand. We began to fly through the entrance and while we were, we looked down to see some of class 1-A also breaking loose and leading the pack. We exited the entrance and landed on the ground. "Alright man, let's get going so we don't get bunched up again!" I said to him. "Yeah, let's get a move on, I wanna show everyone that we're the better hero class!" He said with pride. 

Kamakiri began to run down the race course while I took a second to catch my breath. While stopped I noticed off to the side a few other students who had made it through the entrance and one of them was the purple haired boy who was talking to Bakugou a week ago. I overheard him talking to a small group of students, saying "You're all going to carry me to the finish line." As the group began to pick him up and carry him down the course. I didn't have much time to think about it as I had to continue racing so I didn't fall behind.