The Dreaded Exams

Decided to hold off on the filler chapter. We'll just go right along to the end of semester exams. I will basically skip over the written exams, only briefly touching on them. I'll obviously focus more on the practicals. I'll also be changing up some of the pro heroes that participate in the practical exams, but some will remain the same. As to who those pros will be and which students will be paired up with whoever, you'll just have to read and find out. Also, I will be doing quick overviews of how the other students exams go, and I will be guessing how some of their quirks work for some of the ones we don't know yet. Enjoy!

2 weeks had passed and it was the day our end of the semester exams would take place. We all had just finished our written exams and received our marks for them. I got third best in the class, closely following Kendo who had gotten first and Sen Kaibara(Quirk: Gyrate) who had gotten second. Mr. Kan was standing in his usual spot in the center of the class, preparing to say a speech. "Congratulations to all of you for completing the written exam. Of course, some of you did better than others, so those of you who did poorer will have to work double-time in your practical exams. But before we move on to the practical exams, I have an important announcement. As you all know, summer vacation is right around the corner after this semester. But, as the hero course, your vacation will be cut short for all of you. As heroes in training, you will attend a one week training camp in an unknown location. There you will all be tested, strengthening your minds and your quirks until you break yourselves. To those of you who fail the practical exam, there will be a serious punishment afterwards, so no slouching, otherwise you're in for a world of pain!" He explained to us as everyone had begun to sweat. "Now, the last thing before we start the practical exam. Here are your pairs that you'll be working in, and the target you'll all have to take down." He turned on his projector and showed the class list. I knew already that we would actually be facing off against heroes, but I was more worried as to who I was paired up with. I scrolled my eyes down the list and saw I was going last. My partner was one I wasn't looking forward to working with. It was Monoma and we would be facing Mt. Lady for our practical exam. "Now that you all have a good idea of who you'll be working with, change into your costumes and meet down at battlegrounds alpha in fifteen minutes." He explained as we all changed into our costumes and headed towards our next exam. 

I was headed towards the practical exam location when I was joined by Kinoko Komori(Quirk: Mushroom), Setsuna Tokage(Quirk: Lizard Tail Cut), and Yosetsu Awase(Quirk: Weld). "Can you guys  believe Mr. Kan lied to us about the practical exam being about destroying robots?" Tokage asked. "Nah, it doesn't surprise me. He's hardly ever told us the truth when it comes to these sorts of things." Awase added in. "I just can't believe their making us go against actual pros, how unfair is that!?" Komori asked. I responded to her, "I think it's pretty fair, i mean, we do get to work in pairs so it's not totally unfair." "Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm working with Rin. We have to go against Thirteen. Who're you guys working with?" Komori asked all of us. Tokage answered first, "I'm working with this guy right here! We go against Present Mic!" She said as she shook Awase's hair. "Hey, knock it off Tokage, save that energy for the exam." Awase said while chuckling. I answered shortly after. "I'm working with Monoma. It'll be interesting to say the least, but I just hope we can effectively work together. Especially since we both have to go against Mt. Lady." I said. Awase replied to my response, "That'll be pretty tough, it's not easy to fight someone who's nearly 200 feet tall. Got a plan for that one?" He asked me. "I do but it all depends on how cooperative Monoma is with me." I answered him. "Well good luck with that, even I wouldn't want to work with that guy." Komori added in. 

We all arrived at the entrance to battlegrounds alpha, the pro heroes waiting for us. Standing in front of us were some of the greatest heroes the country ever knew. Present Mic, Midnight, Ectoplasm, Mt. Lady, Kamui Woods, Cementoss, Death Arms, Thirteen, UA's principal, and Mr. Kan were all there, waiting to take on their pairs for the practical exam. Mr. Kan took a step toward us and explained the practical exam rules. "Before we begin the practical exams, I would like to go over the rules first. They are quite simple actually, the goal is to capture the villain, in this case one of us pro heroes, by using these handcuffs." He said while holding up a pair of handcuffs. "Each pair will get one set of handcuffs, and if one member is able to cuff the villain and themselves together, or cuff both of the villains hands, your pair is victorious. Another way to pass is for at least one person in your pair to make it to the exit that is hidden somewhere in the battlegrounds. These are your only ways of victory for the exam, I wish you all luck today. Make me proud. Now, let's begin the practical exams!" He yelled out to us. "Tetsutetsu, Tsunotori(Quirk: Horn Cannon), you two are up first. The rest of you can wait in the viewing area while everyone else takes the exam." He said to us. We all responded, "Yes sir!"