Hunted

This will most likely be the final chapter of this filler arc. Mostly because tomorrow, March 1st, there will be a new, official manga chapter being released for MHA. Hopefully, there is enough content from it for me to do another canon chapter. I've seen some spoilers from it and i'm already trying to think of how I can integrate Cry into this part of the story. And also with this new chapter coming out, I can confirm that the joint training arc has officially ended, so now we'll be heading into the next one. Based on the spoilers, there's a lot to look forward to. Anyways, enough about that, you're here to read! Enjoy!

"Jeez, how far does this hill go on for?" I thought to myself as me and Kodai walked along the edge of it, hoping that we would meet up with Kaibara and Kendo. Kodai still didn't have the strength to walk so I was still carrying her. She shined the flashlight for me so I could see where we were going. "Do you think the others are ok?" Kodai asked me. "I hope so. If they run into anything, they're together, so it'll be tougher to take them down. We just have to make sure we're the ones who find them first." I told Kodai as she gave me a nod. "I'm sorry i'm being such a burden. I'm sure it must be tiring to have to carry me around." Kodai said to me as she put her head down. "You're not a burden, Kodai. The fact that you're still alive means that I still have a reason to not give up. I'll lay my life down to protect you or the others if I had to." I told her as she raised her head up. "You would?" She asked me as I gave her a smile and a nod. "You bet. When I got into U.A, I kind of... well... somehow made that my own hero code to live by. And even though it's caused a lot of harm to myself, i'm still here. And even though some of my friends are dead, there are still others out there that I can protect. I've saved a few peoples lives since starting this life, and I don't plan on stopping now." I explained to Kodai. "Now I see why you're so likable. Not to say, I didn't like you before but, it's just that you seem like someone that everyone can get along with. The way you talk, and your actions. You're very heroic, Cry. And... I can see why you wanted to become a hero." Kodai said to me as I gave her my thanks. "To be honest, deciding to try and enter U.A was really a last minute decision. I registered with maybe, only a few weeks before the entrance exam. And if you remember, I was so shy and timid at the start of the semester that I barely talked to anyone. I grew up with people shaming me, saying that it was unfair that I had more than one power. And thanks to all of you, you helped me break out of that shell. I couldn't repay you all enough, so that's why I decided that I would lay down my life for all of you as thanks." I explained to Kodai as she started pinching my right cheek. "You're so cute sometimes." She said as I suddenly stopped walking.

"What is it?" Kodai asked me as she looked forward. In the view of the flashlight, about 40 feet in front of us, was another body on the ground. We ran over to see who it was. When we arrived, I put Kodai on the ground and she shined her light on the person. It was Kaibara. He was laying on his chest on the ground. His back was completely exposed and running from the top of his neck to the mid-section of his back was that same deep slash wound. I quickly checked for any signs that he might still be alive. Blood was coming from his mouth, his body covered in deep scratches as well. After checking for breathing and a pulse, I figured there was no point in trying to revive him. Just like the others, he was gone. "No..." Kodai said as she broke down into tears. I picked her back up into my arms and I comforted her. "It'll be alright. We'll... We'll make it out of this... together." I said as a cracking noise broke the silence around us. "What was that?" Kodai asked as she started to shine the flashlight around the area. We weren't able to see anything in our field of view but there was something on the ground that caught our eye. Bloody footprints. They were headed in the opposite direction that Kaibara's body was laying in. "Look at these..." I said as Kodai now saw them too. "Do you think these are from Kendo?" She asked me. "I can't say for sure. And... I don't know if I want to follow them. They could lead us into some sort of a trap for all we know." I explained as Kodai gave me a nod. "So where do we go then?" She asked me. "We'll find where Kendo and Kaibara came down here from. We'll find the path back to our camp site and we'll defend ourselves from there." I said as all of a sudden, someone began to scream, and it was very close to us. "That's Kendo! She's nearby! We have to help her!" Kodai said as I took off towards the screaming.