Monoma meets Eri

As promised, here is the next canon chapter to this series! Just a warning before you go into it, don't be surprised if it's on the shorter side. There's not a lot to go off of for this chapter, and I can't exactly go into the next arc from here. So i'm just saying, this chapter is most likely going to be shorter than usual. Hopefully, by next week, i'll be able to start on the next arc in the manga. I'm currently trying to think of ways to integrate Cry into the story but this time, it's proving rather tricky. The arc focuses more about the PLE remedial students like Todoroki and Bakugou. I'm sure i'll think of something though. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes in the manga. Enjoy!

The next day, both class A and B went back to their normal separated schedules. For my class, it started off with Mr. Kan going over the results from yesterdays exercises. "With class A taking the overall victory yesterday, it's very clear that all of you haven't been training hard enough. So now, be prepared for an even harder work schedule, meant to push you even further past your limits." Mr. Kan explained as everyone let out a huge sigh. "Don't argue. This is the best solution for all of you. I watched all matches very closely, and I was able to see flaws in all of you. Specifically, each captain on the teams." Mr. Kan said as he looked around to everyone who was elected as a captain. "If you were a captain, please stand. I have a few words for all of you." Mr. Kan said as me, Kendo, Honenuki, Tokage, Shishida, and Shiozaki stood up. "Shiozaki! Shishida! Both of you were on the same team! Who was it that was at the centre of your team!? You needed to choose!If one of you had actually taken the role of leader, you could have won!" Mr. Kan yelled to them as he then told them to sit down. He then looked to Kendo. "Kendo, as the only captain who led their team to victory, i'll be a little easier on you. However, you allowed yourself to be essentially taken out of the fight. Yaoyorozu may have been incapacitated but she managed to heavily slow your own movements. If someone from class A had found you first, you most likely would've been captured." He explained as Kendo gave him a nod and sat down. "Honenuki! While it's nice to see you having concern for your other teammates and helping them out, you left yourself wide open to many times. Iida from class A was able to effortlessly sneak up and knock you out of the fight with a single blow. Learn to look after yourself as well as the others around you!" Mr. Kan explained to him as Honenuki put his head down, and then sat back in his chair. "Tokage! You and your team focused too much on lesser threats when your concern should've been an who was the biggest threat to your team. Letting Bakugou essentially do anything he wanted allowed him to easily take advantage of everyone on your team. It's no wonder his team was able to get a perfect victory!" Mr. Kan said as Tokage quickly sat back down. And then... Mr. Kan looked to me. "And as for you Cry..." He started to say as I put my head down and take a big gulp. "You were the exact opposite of Tokage! You focused too much on one singular member of the other team when in fact, the other members were just as deadly. By taking yourself and Midoriya out of the fight for a few minutes, the other members of class A's team were easily able to best your own teammates! Had you have been there, that might not have happened! Focus on the bigger picture at hand and not just one element of it!" Mr. Kan said to me as I quickly gave him a nod, not saying any words back to him. I then sat down and we continued on with today's lessons.

When class was finished, everyone started to pack up and go back to the dorms. However, before I could even get up to leave my desk, Mr. Kan placed his hand down on it and stopped me. "Is... something wrong, Mr. Kan?" I nervously asked him. "It's clear that you haven't fully mastered your new quirk yet. I may not have seen everything that happened when you fought Midoriya one-on-one, but seeing the end result was more than enough to tell me you still have a ways to go. We'll pick up your training this weekend. I'll be going even harder on you now, so I don't want to hear any complaining." Mr. Kan explained to me as he stared right into my eyes. I glared right back at him and said "I wouldn't have it any other way. And besides, the whole reason I went on to fight Midoriya was to get him away from Shinso. Shinso was key to our teams victory but removing myself, his greatest ally, allowed the other members of the other team to overpower him. And, I wasn't fully sure I could even defeat Midoriya at my current level of power. So i'm not saying that I was confident me and my team were going to win anyway." I said as Mr. Kan lifted his hand off my desk and sighed. "Well, at least you know what your own flaws were. And I've said this before too, but you need to think more before acting. Removing yourself and Midoriya was a clear mistake, but if it was just removing Midoriya, then you could've helped turn the tides of the battle." Mr. Kan said to me as I nodded. "I'll be seeing you this weekend. You're dismissed." Mr. Kan said as I got up to leave. However, when I reached the door to leave, Mr. Kan quickly stopped me. "Oh, one more thing. Aizawa wants you to come by Eri's later today." He said to me as I gave him my thanks. I then left the classroom and wondered what was going on. "Aizawa wants me at Eri's too? I know he wants Monoma to go see her, but why does he want me?" I thought as I headed back to my dorm.