Targets

Midterms are almost over. I'll feel free soon, and i'll be pumping out more chapters a day. Once again, thank you if you've made it this far. I know that there is plenty of spelling and grammar mistakes but everybody does those at some point. Leave any comments if you'd like, i'd greatly appreciate them. But anyways, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM7v8-83QMA

I charged at the man and readied my fist to strike him down. I generated 50,000 psi into my right arm and went to hit him. He was quick though and he shot another stream of flames at me. I had to fill my left leg with psi in order to dodge quick enough. "You're pretty quick. Your skills will be quite useful to us, even if you don't cooperate." The mysterious man said as he unleashed more flames from his hands. I countered by firing plasma shots into the flames. They struck each other and the result was a large explosion. The force of it made me temporarily lose balance, and as I was trying to regain it, the man jumped through the smokescreen that the explosion created. He reached out his left hand and tried to grab my face. He was able to cover the right side of my face with his hand, and as he had a grip on it, my face began to burn. He activated his fire quirk and began to singe my face, trying to make me pass out from the pain. I let out an unworldly scream but I knew that I had to beat him in order to protect the others. I raised my left arm into the air and simultaneously created plasma and generated 80,000 psi into it. I then went to hit him, striking him in his shoulder and making him let go of me. I sent him hurdling into a tree, him landing on his back. I could feel my face burning so much, out of the corner of my eye I could see there were burn marks on my cheek. He probably left his whole hand print on the side of my face. I figured I had him beat as it seemed he wasn't moving. I went to grab Jiro and Hagakure so we could escape the ring of fire. Just as I was about to pick them up, another stream of fire came in between us. "I like what you've done with your face. What'd you do to make it look all smoky like that?" The man said as I went to face him again. He was standing up again, taunting me, trying to make me lose focus and go out of control. "I wonder if your friends there can take as much of my flames as you can. Care to let me find out?" He asked as I began to run at him again. "This is between you and me! There's no need to involve them!" I said as I shot plasma at him. He created a wall of fire that stopped the shots  in their tracks. I sprouted my wings and decided to fly over and maybe catch him off guard. I took off and when I flew over the wall, he was gone. "Where did he go!?" I thought to myself. With no time to react, a huge geyser of fire was thrown at me from behind. It struck one of my wings. I had to stop using them before they took to much damage and I crashed into the ground. I landed as fast as I could and retracted my wings. I had to beat this guy fast or else we'd all be in trouble. I generated 100,000 psi into both of my arms and turned around, my back to the mysterious man. I reached out and grabbed a large tree, trying to remove it entirely from the ground. It was taking longer than I expected though, as the man unleashed another burst of flames at me. They struck me in the back, burning away my shirt and singeing my back. I let out more screams but I continued to remove the tree. I generated more psi into my muscles, now going to 160,000 and I was finally able to take it out of the ground. I dug my fingers into it and I went to swing the tree at the man. I was able to hit him in his left arm and send him flying into another tree. He began to get back up but I was there to intercept him as I threw the tree at him. "Take this!" I yelled as I hurled the tree at the man. He raised both of his hands and let out an explosion of fire. The force and heat was so great that he disintegrated the tree completely. "You're lucky i'm not supposed to kill you. Otherwise you'd already be dead kid." He said as he got back onto his feet. 

As I was preparing to rush him again, a voice appeared in my head, but it wasn't a bombardment like my super hearing ability. This was a single voice, probably coming from someones quirk. "Everyone in class A and class B, this is Mandalay! In the name of the pro hero Erasurehead, you are granted permission to use your quirks to engage in combat! I repeat, use your training! You may fight these villains who have come to attack us! We've also discovered some of the villains targets! It's the students named Kachan and Cry! Both of you should try to avoid all combat! Stick to a group and make it back to base camp!" She ordered as I thought to myself, "What do they want me for!? And who's this Kachan person!? I have no choice to fight now, this guy's got me blocked in!?" I had to outsmart this guy, but how? "I could try using one of my light clones, but there may not be enough light to keep it a solid image. It may be see through." i thought to myself. I didn't have much time to think about it though as the man created several balls of fire around him. He then sent each of them at me at once. "No choice, it's all I got right now!" I said to myself as I created a light clone and turned myself invisible. As I thought, the light clone wasn't a solid image, it looked blurry. I still ran from it and tried to avoid the fireballs that were flying towards it. They struck and created a large explosion. As I was running from it, I came up with a last ditch effort plan that just might work. It would cause me to be left out of commission though, but I had to beat this guy and protect Jiro and Hagakure. I stopped running, turned around and went into the explosion that the fireballs created. "This is my last chance!" I said to myself as the explosion dissipated and nothing but a smokescreen was left. I took out my goggles that Mr. Kan gave me and went to see how much energy I had stored. The reading was higher than I thought and it read 78,302 pounds of force. I knew it wasn't enough energy to take this guy out though since he took a stronger hit earlier. I released the energy into my body without hesitation though. I then channeled the full force of my psi quirk into my body, generating over 200,000 psi. "Not...enough...power!" I thought to myself as the mysterious man began to run at me. "What are you trying to do now kid!? You've already tried that strength enhancing ability on me, and we both know how that worked. Just give up and come quietly!" He said as he unleashed an enormous geyser of flames at me. I needed more power to break through this guys attack and beat him. I was already using two of my abilities at once but I knew I had to try a third to beat him. I tried as hard as I could, sweating and bleeding from my body. I was at the point of fainting, when a surge flowed through my body. I had activated my overdrive ability. My body glowing red with energy, I leaped forward to meet his attack. I channeled the kinetic energy and psi into my right arm, trying to finish this with one last punch. There was so much energy coursing through that one spot however, as my entire are caught fire. I ignored the pain though as I dove straight into the oncoming fire. The pain was so intense, I felt like I was going to be turned to ashes. "No! I'm not going to lose here! There are others who need my help! I CANNOT FALL NOW!!!" I screamed as I exited the stream of fire. The man looked utterly shocked to see me emerge in front of him. I kept flying at him and I readied to strike him, my arm still on fire. "This is for messing with our training camp! And hurting my friends! YOU DAMN VILLAIN!!!!!!" I yelled as me right fist made contact with the mans chest.

The force was so great from the impact that it sent both of us flying in opposite directions. I landed against a tree. I tilted my head up to see the mysterious man crashing through several trees, snapping them in half. I sent him out of the ring of fire he created to block me. The fire then dissipated, I knew I had won and protected my friends. I could hardly move, I had used to much energy to use that last attack. I was surprised, as I looked down to my right arm to see that there was only a few deep scratches. My arm was fine, I was able to control the energy that I channeled into it. And as I thought this, I realized that I hadn't passed out yet. "Why haven't I fainted yet? I used my overdrive ability, I should be totally exhausted and passed out. Could my training have helped me stay awake?" I said to myself. I had no time to think though as I had to go and get Jiro and Hagakure and take them to safety. I slowly got back up on my feet, using the tree I landed on to support myself. I could still feel the burning sensation on my face and back, something i'm sure will be permanent on my body. I began to walk over to get the girls and take them to base camp, but I stopped dead in my tracks. I looked on in horror as a man in a black and grey costume was holding Jiro by her head. He had what looked like a silver tape measure lined across her neck, I knew he was going to use it to kill her. "Hey there buddy, who're you!?" He said to me. "I'm gonna have to ask you to stop your fighting, no keep it going! You wouldn't want these nice looking girls to get hurt, nah i'm gonna kill'em! Stop resisting and come with us, no just leave! I promise we won't hurt these girls, promise revoked!" He explained to me as I just looked confused. "How can I trust you if you're essentially saying two things at once!?" I asked him as another man appeared. He was wearing a long orange trench coat, red gloves, a black and white striped mask, and a top hat. He spoke to me, "Typically the first of the two things he says is the correct response. So what do you think kid, gonna take his advice?" The man with the top hat asked me. I knew I couldn't fight anymore, I had used up to much energy from fighting the other man. And my vision was already blurry from inhaling some of the toxic gas from before. I said that there was no limit to how far i'll go to protect my friends, and that's exactly what I was going to do here. "If you give me your word that you won't kill or even hurt those two girls, then I will let you take me." I said to the man with the top hat. "That's fine by me. Twice, let her go. We have our prize." The man said as the other man in black and grey let go of Jiro. The man with the top hat came over to me and put his hand by my face. "This won't hurt a bit. Now sleep." He said to me as everything went black.