Recruitment

Finally we get to the start of the work study arc, and I can't wait for what's going to happen. The event's that I have planned are actually what gave me the idea to do this whole "What if" situation. I'm actually having a lot more fun writing Cry as a villain than I expected. But at the same time, it's also kind of weird seeing as I have to give him murderous and threatening thoughts for the first time. The next chapter of the MHA manga will be out soon, so possibly, there'll be enough content in it for me to do the next chapter of the canon side of my story. We'll find out in the next few days I guess. But for now, enjoy!

-Time Skip: 6 Hours-

I laid in my bed that evening. Shigaraki had filled me in that I completed whatever mission I went on today, but for some reason he had my memories wiped. I didn't care though. It was becoming more of a normal thing for him to do to me. And now, supposedly, he's sent out members of the league of villains to scout for new members. Having only a dozen members, we're limited to how much we can actually do sometimes. More members will allow us to spread out our work, growing like a virus until we finally overthrow the heroes. As usual, Shigaraki made me stay in our base. "Why can't I go out and find people? It's simple, I go out, I look for strong people, I bring'em back, they join us. It's too easy, so why can't he just let me off my chain for once?" I thought to myself as someone started knocking on my door. I got up from my bed and opened it to see Kurogiri standing in front of me. "What do you want?" I asked him. "Shigaraki wishes for you to meet him and the rest of the members of the league of villains at a meeting location. Twice has supposedly found someone who is interested in joining our cause. I'm simply here to take you to the location." He explained as he opened up a warp gate. "Do I need to bring my mask?" I asked but Kurogiri shook his head. "I see no reason for you to. After all, the only people there will be villains like us. I'm sure Shigaraki will not care. Now go." He said as I stepped through the gate. 

When I made it to the other side, I was standing in some sort of warehouse. Shigaraki, Toga, Compress, and Magne were all around the room, waiting for Twice to arrive. "Glad you could join us, Arsenal. Make yourself at home. Twice will be arriving shortly." Shigaraki said as I jumped up onto a shipping container. "Anyone know who this guy is that Twice is bringing here?" I asked but no one gave me an answer. "I'm sure whoever it is will be a fine addition to our cause. Now be patient and wait silently." Shigaraki said as I laid down on the top of the container. 

-Time Skip: 30 minutes-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3FpzuiGIyg

After what felt like hours of waiting, we could hear a cars engine revving. "It's about time Twice showed up." I thought to myself as I sat back up. "Everyone be on your best behavior. Treat our guest with respect. We want to make sure he joins us, so try not to scare him off." Shigaraki said as everyone nodded in agreement. Twice entered the building and behind him was a man who had short black hair, and was wearing a green jacket, a purple boa(the scarf, not the snake) and an old plague doctor mask on his face. "Hey guys, i'm back! And I brought that dude I was talking about. He said he wanted to talk to you so here we are. He's quiet but pretty cool. He seems like a real creep." Twice said as the stranger faced all of us. "You brought us a pretty big catch, didn't you, Twice?" Shigaraki said with a wicked smile. The stranger let out a few coughs and then took a look around the room. Then he stopped and locked eyes with Shigaraki. "So you're the head honcho, huh? I see the league of villains has got a sense of irony." The stranger said. "Hold on now, sugar, you're saying our head's a celebrity?" Magne asked but Shigaraki silenced him. "My master showed me a picture of this guy once. They call him a gangster. He's the leader of the "Eightfold Cleansers." He goes by the name "Overhaul."" Shigaraki explained which peaked my interest. It would certainly be different to have an actual gangster as part of our group. He would be much more organized than most. "He's a gangster!? Like a Yakuza!? Whoa girl, this is a first for me! Feels dangerous!" Magne said as he let out a big smile. Toga had a more curious look though. She looked up to Compress who was sitting above her and she said "There's something that makes him different from us, i'm guessing?" "All right, allow this old man to teach a high school drop out like you what you need to know. Back in the day, there was a whole slew of scary bands operating the underworld. But then, heroes hit their little hayday and laid them bare, dismantling them. When All Might arrived on the scene, he made sure their age was all but over. The ones who managed to scramble away without getting their tails yanked back went on to live meager lives, constantly surveilled as villain wannabes. To put it simply, they're artifacts from a bygone era." Compress explained. "Well... No faults there" Overhaul said as he seemed to agree with Compress.