Chapter four- Keep that bastard under control.

" It says here you have eight years of working experience?" Hunter inquired raising his head from the paper he's spent five minutes observing.

" Well yes, it's clearly written there"

  He dropped the paper on the desk and placed his hands on the table to address me. With both palms clasped together, he continues questioning.

" You were to graduate from the University only a year ago, based on the course you intended to pursue in high school. Entrepreneurship I believe?"

" Yes that's true and-"

" And it says here eight years?" He piped up to interrupt my relay.

"Well I left school four years ago."

"It doesn't still add up" He perked

" Back in school, I used to work part-time at a restaurant "

" Thats refutable, So you never graduated?"

Yeah, cause of you.

" Yes, but- " I was explaining and he cut me. Again.

" So pray tell, which industries were proud enough to hire a drop out?. Clearly my dad picked you out of pity" He leaned back on his chair waiting for an explanation.

" I took other classes afterwards. I went to typing school. Trained on massage therapy and a French school. If only your eyes weren't blind to positivity you could've seen it on the pages you spent the whole day reading "

  He looked at me for another seven seconds entirely before talking again.

" You should really watch your mouth there. I'm your boss and I can hopefully get rid of you " A devilish grin plastered on his face.

" My paycheck doesn't come from your pockets. So sadly, you're threatening the wrong girl " I smiled back.

The very wrong girl.

" Hmmm, you've changed "

"Particularly change is a constant phenomena"

" Who gave you that little sharp mouth of yours? Is it that red haired microphone?"

He did not just call Meredith a microphone!

" That red hair has a name " I glared at him.

" And I should be bothered about that because?"

  What a shame? Life really doesn't terminate the right people.

" From my few seconds here, I've discovered your respect for humanity never went on a rise"

He leaned in close on the table so he was at least halfway across. " I guess some people never change "

" Good call, now if you'd excuse me. I just came in from a long ride and you may not understand the meaning of human exhaustion " I abruptly stood up and headed for the door.

  Turning the knob and he opened up again but I had my back to him.

" It also states here that you're a single mother."

I was wondering when he'll bring that up.

  I swallowed a lump in my mouth and responded " And?"

" So you still went whoring around after all these years. What a perfect example you are to a kid" He released a firm chuckle.

Wait , what!?

  He really still has no clue, does he?.

  Well good. It will most definitely remain that way.

" Are you done?" The words came out through gritted teeth.

" Keep that bastard under control. We'll be living together and I will not want her running around and catching me red handed in my naughty business, except unless you want me to train her in the ways of being a slut. She's always welcome to watch then" I could hear the smirk on his lips but I will not say a word to him.

  I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath, before regaining my posture and walking out the office.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

" Your mood seems different after the meeting. Your boss didn't accept you?" Smith asked as we were driving over to the so called house.

" He accepted me, just not who I was expecting " I sighed and turned to view the outside city through the window.

   New York was actually a lovely city. The environment seems sweet and all.

Now it depends on the people.

" So in my guess, he's not hot"

" Goodness, Smith " That got me to smile and punch his shoulder.

   Louisa is still sleeping in the backseat quietly and my mind can't help but wander to my last minutes with her own father when he called her a bastard.

His own daughter.

It's not his fault though, he's not aware.

  Ha! Like that changes anything. He said it himself, some people don't change.

"Jules!" Smith shouted in a way that I jerked back to reality and had to check if Louie was still asleep.

" You're zoning out, you sure you're alright?" Concern completely clear in his voice.

" Yeah, I'm perfect don't worry yourself " Even I tried to deceive myself.

" Okay then. We're here"

   We were driving passed a gate made of complete bronze.

  I watched in awe as we drove deeper. The decorations and pathway were simply exquisite, like the flowery were imported.

  Our drive took us towards a fountain that leads directly to the front door.

" Excellent decor" Clearly Smith was impressed too.

  Mr McConnell simply outdid himself, this place looks like heaven but sadly it's the devil who lives here.

  If I hadn't known better, I'd say this looks exactly like the place Cody was describing earlier today.

  Smith was already out and setting out luggages on the interlocked matting.

   As I went to join him a few people came out of the building and I assume them to be the workers.

  Two elderly men and three women.

  Well the shortest of them all seemed to be the most fascinated by my presence.

" My goodness are you his engaged?" She asked as she hurriedly runs down the entry step to meet me.

" No, no I'm-"

" My my, you're beautiful!" Her hands fondling and touching everywhere.

I repeat everywhere!

What is with people and interrupting me today?

" Where is the ring, he proposed to you right?" She asked as she had practically finished assaulting me.

  Proposed?

" She wishes " Everyone around came to a halt as Hunter came up from behind.

  Only now did we notice he had arrived.

" Hunter! Be nice " One of the other women who maintained their position by the door spoke up.

" Nah, I don't think so" He turned to me and looked me square in the eyes and finished his hanging statement.

" Miss Shawn is my replacement secretary and according to my father, she'll be living here. Keep her in one of the guestrooms on the down floor " And he walked straight into the house without sparing anyone a second glance.

" Don't worry love. Come with us" Was what the woman in my front said to me and I looked to see everyone else smile in anticipation.

  At least some people are happy to see me.