Chapter fifty nine- She was out the door

Have I mentioned that I love you all? ❤️

A special thank you to all those who are my hidden support 😚

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you want to 🤗🖤

Another update..

Do Enjoy ❤️--------

Iris's p.o.v.

"Hello? Mom?" I spoke into the receiver with a subtle voice.

" Baby! I haven't heard from you in months. How are you?" My mother's voice chirpily rings through the phone.

  I let out a laugh and run my hands through my hair, feeling a little bad that I hadn't bothered calling them all this while and not also returning their calls.

It really isn't much of my fault. No one wants to tell their parents that they are living under the same roof with the same guy who raped you years ago.

  Though it's partly their fault by not telling me that my current boss was their former boss.

" I'm good but mad at you" I pouted

" Uh-what did we do?" Her voice sounding unsure about the situation.

" Well for starters, I should have known that I was working for The Mr McConnell" my words carrying an undertone of annoyance but I really didn't hold it against them.

" Oh... I'm sorry"

" And I'm sorry too" I responded feeling in a good mood to confess.

" Sorry?"

" Yeah, I'm sorry"

" Sorry for what?" My mom's confusion couldn't be missed by her words.

" I have a confession"

" Okay.. uhm.. I'm listening"

  Maybe I shouldn't go ahead with it. I mean she really doesn't need to know.

  Plus I never even told her about the transfer in the first place.

  What in the world made me hide all these from her all this while? I just compiled my sins to table before her.

Maybe I should procrastinate a little longer.

Two more months won't hurt.

  Two months seems too much, probably three weeks?

  But what if something else happens before then? Like Soldo doing a house attack and the media come by to broadcast it on TV.

  My mom and dad wouldn't find me standing beside a dead or possibly alive Hunter with a scared Louisa in my arms on the news quite amusing.

I'm starting to over think here.

" Iris honey?" I didn't realize I had blacked out on our conversation till she called me back to reality.

" Oh.. uh.. sorry about that silence" I quickly slide the apology.

" No worries love but I'm still bothered about you" her concern is making it difficult to keep a secret.

Here goes nothing...

" I'm living with Hunter" I say and go quiet while waiting for her response.

Two seconds..

Five..

Twelve..

Twenty..