Chapter six- Way too much

Hunter's P.O.V.
———————

  I was signing the documents for the Ying and Shang meeting when the door of my office creaked open.

  " Brooks my man, how's ya doing " Chance, a colleague and friend from high school walked into my office.

" I haven't set eyes on you for a week " I dropped the pen I was holding and gave him my full attention.

" Of course you haven't, if not you'll be suffering from a Tuesday night hangover " He grinned and took the seat in front of my table.

  I laughed at his idiocy and finally closed up the file before me.

Seems like a chat after all.

" So tell me, how's everything? And by everything I mean Michelle" He relaxed back and stretched out his legs on my table.

" Well, all is good" Was all I could say.

" Good? Alright spill, what's up?"

" Nothing, really. It's just that... I plan to postpone the proposal again. You know.... Till further notice "

" Dude! What is wrong with you? You've been postponing this proposal for eight months now. What is really happening? Are you no longer in love with her?" His brows creasing together.

" What!, no... It's just that I feel my method of proposal might be a little too simple for her. She's kinda the flashy type " I explained hoping he will see my reasons.

" You're planning on buying a yacht, pink for that matter and planning her a surprise birthday party on the same thing to propose and you're calling it little?. What else do you wanna do? Invite Jesus to bring the wines he served at Galilee?"

  His point of joke at this point wasn't funny as I just showed my reaction with a glare.

" Sorry, but I just believe you're overreact-" He stopped when there was a knock on the door.

  He turned to look at the door before dropping his feet from the table.

" Come in" And the fool answered for me.

  The door opened widely at an instant before Iris walked in. It was only then that I noticed what she was wearing.

  Her black long sleeve button up shirt and black pencil skirt hugged her body in places that are meant to be illegal.

  With two buttons of the top opened her bosoms were peeking out in a taunting fashion.

  Her recently brown hair cascading round her fact would almost resemble a fringe.

  Honestly, these years added a lot of thick to her nature.

  She began strutting towards my table with a file in  her right hand.

" This is temptation!" Chance muttered to me like he was struggling but I honestly couldn't agree more.

" Shut it you idiot" Yeah, I couldn't agree more doesn't mean I have to agree.

  She stopped beside Chance's seat and gave him a brief look of recognition.

  Of course she'll remember him.

But the moment passes and she looks back my way.

" Case reports from Bellevue resorts " She said officially and kept the file on the table.

" Okay, what about?" I asked back and picked the document from where she dropped them.

" Claims about not been given the complete money bargained for. They'll be here tomorrow at ten for a brief discussion "

" Why are you just informing me about this meeting ?"

" Well, at least I informed you "

" After setting the schedule yourself "

" It was either I gave them an early date or they show up here today or later on with spears and guns. Don't forget they own a historic and Classical tourism resort " The way she's saying this, it's like she's an expert in weapon wielding.

" They'll do nothing of sort, they need me"

" They were unfortunately very angry and sounded violent. But if i may ask, did you really cut their benefit short?" She crossed her arms .

  That's a habit I see.

" Of course I did. Their bargain was abruptly unacceptable "

" So why accept it in the first place?"

" Because the money we can gain from there is marvellous "

" Hmmm, and your short sighted greed did not let you see that to profit from something there must be a loss at the beginning?"

  She's back with that annoying mouth of hers.

" You will not insult me!" She is breaking my elastic limit.

" Precisely, I didn't insult you. I asked a simple question "

  From my side vision I can see chance smirking at her, definitely impressed by her behavior.

  She's literally the first person I've ever worked with to have such an attitude.

I sighed and spoke on. " The meeting is tomorrow?"

" Like I said, yes and by ten AM. Endeavor to be at work earlier because your previous secretary booked you appointments for nine o' clock and twelve thirty "

  I'm the one to tell who should be at work on time.

" You can't tell me when to be at the office " I growled and put on a stern face.

" Alright then, don't turn in early and serve the opportunity of almost getting killed "

" I've told you they can't do anything!" I slammed my hand on the table as my anger was getting loose.

" Whatever you believe, just bear this in mind that you need them more than they need you. And avoid such impact with your furniture again. You'll break them and I don't think they have an insurance " She whipped her hair again and took her way out.

" Damn! She's hot and smart. Cool combination for a secretary " Chance wiggled his brows.

  After taking a deep breath in, I sighed and regained composure.

" That girl you're ogling over, yeah that's Iris" I picked the file and put them in my drawers then slammed the drawers shut

  Chuckling at my frustration he replied to my comment. " Iris? Who's iris? I don't remember any- oh shit you're lying "

Glad he remembers her too.

" I clearly wish I was. She was dad's replacement secretary for me. Yay!" The sarcasm covering all my words.

" Whoa whoa whoa, rewind on the speech. Didn't you tell me back in school that you got her pregnant then the baby died?"

" Yes, and you're the only one I told at that so I'm expecting total silence. At this stage she's already a risk to my relationship with Michelle "

  He nodded then took a few moments to think of words.

" She's got quite a mouth on her at the time "

" Same I've realized"

  He was still shocked at it all but honestly I had something else in mind.

  She's gonna have to get that hair in a bun cause it's whipping has gotten too much.

Way too much.