Chapter Forty Seven B

Yeah.. like the title says, this is a part B of the previous chapter. But it's a third person point of view.

  It may be a little short, and we'll not know who's mind this is.

I hope you'll enjoy it either way ❤️

The Reid residence above..

One love...

Third person pov
————————

  Little conversations here and there were enough to distract the surprising note of whatever was going on.

  But I've never been one to be blind.

  Whatever was going on.. though I know not about it, was hanging so thick in the air that I could even taste it.

  It wasn't tension, No. No one looked frightened or at unease one bit.

  It wasn't hatred. All eye coordinations were outright, meaning no one had ugly thoughts against the other.

  It wasn't absolute cheer either. For the fact that people kept to their own circles of discussion.

So what is it?

  I've been analysing everyone here for the past hour and I couldn't draw rational conclusions.

  But I did make presumptions from the presented obvious.

  Jules.

  That girl is the hidden center of attention and she doesn't even realize that.

  Every now and then someone spares her either a brief look or a lasting one.

  Lingering gazes from Michelle and Mason keep building my suspicions to a hike, but nothing can be culled out of it.

  Except they had been acquainted with Jules previously, there had to be a reason why she's pulling eyes effortlessly.

  Even from me. And I'm not someone to do that.

Everybody's opinion about her seems to differ, judging by the time and manner of observing her.

Yes, that's what is going on. Everybody's observing her.

But why?

  I personally took interest in the so called secretary that had managed to appear by Hunter's side twice. Something no girl had done.

  I also detected a hint in the mainstream whenever she's called Jules.

  A dim light flickers through her eyes. It's not like the name hurts her or brings out a hidden joy.

  It looks like that isn't her real name or a name she's accustomed to.

  I've watched her for a while and I can't tell if her intentions of hiding her true name is for good or evil, but I do see something.

  Jules looks like a girl who is building herself up. Beneath that facade she looks like a girl who was broken and is only just recovering.

  She looks like a prized piece of ceramic. An extremely delicate gold. A beautiful work of art made from the finest glass.

  But what happens when such work is thrown down one too many times?

  It gets broken. Terribly broken.

  Now here comes the hard part. When you want to fix something that is as good as dead.

  That's all I see in this lady named Jules. I've seen it before, but today looks different. It almost looks like she's taken a big step towards healing.

Probably, gathering little information about her isn't the best idea. But I need to know about everyone in Meredith's life.

  If no one cares about that lovely red head, I do.

  Although, It seems like I'm not the only one who noticed or can see what is buried deep in the lady's heart while she ate.

  The way Mason looks at her, like he's admiring a million dollar jewelry.

  The way his eyes took all of her in, almost as if he knew her scars, he wanted to hold her tight and clean all her wounds not minding the amount of blood that stained him.

  Every time he looked at her, there was always a smile that appeared on his face. A smile that went deep into his heart and I don't think he even noticed the silent effect she was having on him.

  If I didn't know better, I would have argued this thought but I wouldn't. Mason Reid was smitten with the one we referred to as Jules.

  I smirked in their direction and brought my glass of wine to my lips for another gulp.

  But then, I could read the emotion in every other person's eyes like crystal, especially Michelle's which seems to be competition.

  Like I said previously, there is a but. Hunter is that but.

  Hunter had made more looks to her this evening than anyone had, but no one seemed to notice.

  He was trapped in a discussion that he looked somewhat interested in, but it was like his mind needed to be somewhere else.

  He looked over to Jules once more and the look in his eyes raw and deep.

  Before we assume it's love. It is not!.

  Even I thought that could be the emotion existing within that man's chest, I realized it was not.

It took me time to read but I later had it figured out.

  It's a look of pain.

  It's a look of regret, hurt, infliction, torment but yet admiration.

  You see why I'm confused?

  How could you feel two contrasting things towards someone at once?

  I understood love and hate because there's a very thin line between them.

  He's is regret and admiration.

  His admiration glowed anytime he saw her smile, whenever she adjusted her hair or each time she nearly choked out of laughter.

  But once the admiring is done, it is replaced by a full blanket of regrets. That's what I don't understand.

  He's acting like she's so near to him yet very far away. Like she's within his reach but he's scared to reach out.

  Each time his eyes fell in sadness he blinked it away, maybe to remind himself that he's exaggerating.

  I took another gulp of wine and squinted my eyes at the young man that became my new interest.

  His focus was back on the lady beside him who never noticed his flailing mind.

  His smile towards her was actually oddly genuine, such that it had an infectious glint which the lady reciprocated.

  So this may be who Hunter's in love with. How fascinating?

  The only problem was, he didn't notice how much more of his attention the lady across him drew than the one at his side.