chapter eleven- So Dad was right huh?

Hunter's P.O.V.
———————

    "Good morning Mr Jaquish, Mr Harwood " I greet the two men who I am familiar with and giving them a handshake which is obvious that they grudgingly accepted.

Well Dad was right.

  I sight Lily at the left end of the table and I acknowledge her with a nod.

But the third man in the room was a strange appearance to this party. And from my apprehension he looks to be my age more so or a tad bit older.

" And may I ask who?" Referring to the gentleman who is currently undressing my secretary with his eyes.

" This is Mr Hayes, my nephew and the one to take over my business. So he is right to be here to know the companies he is up for " Mr Jaquish answers glaring at me with his last words.

You're angry. Hint taken.

" Well then, nice to get to meet you Mr Hayes " I extend my hand to him for a handshake also.

  He finally takes his eyes off Iris and pays me the slightest attention.

" I'm not sure if I can say the same, but who is this lovely lady behind you?" His eyes going back to what it preferred interesting.

" That's my secretary, so may we get down to the main reason for being here" I take my seat at the head of the table and wait for Iris to take hers beside me but someone seems to not be ready for this meeting.

" May I know your name?" Mr Hayes asks Iris who was currently going to sit beside Mr Harwood which is almost at the opposite end of the rectangular table.

" Miss Shawn, but you can call me Jules" She offers him a bright smile and a handshake.

  Oh, so she can give answers freely to someone she just met.

" Jules. I like it. Call me Darlington " He responds and plants a kiss to the back of her palm.

  Meanwhile Mr Jaquish and Harwood just watch in admiration.

  Is there really no one ready for this meeting?

  I clear my throat to get back their attention " Shall we begin?" My focus on Mr Hayes and he is aware of it.

" Of course we shall, you can have a chair here love" He taps on the seat by his left hand for Iris.

" Her seat is here Mr Hayes, thank you for the suggestion " I look to Iris with an expression that clearly says 'need I remind you this meeting is your fault'

And I believe she understands because she smiles " Don't worry Mr McConnell, I'll be fine beside Darlington "

  Then the bitch takes a seat beside Mr Hayes which makes her sandwiched between him and Mr Jaquish.

  I sent her an are you serious look but she ignored me anyway.

" So no need for time wasting " Mr Harwood finally comes to his senses " We all know why we're here, and need I say, I am not at all happy with the reason "

" Yes Mr McConnell, you see there is a reason why a contract was made. To ensure all parties keep to their word, which you have remarkably failed to do " Mr Hayes now deemed it fit to concentrate.

" Well, there's also something known as lucrative interest. If I see no profit from your side, why then invest?" I direct my question to the present Mr Hayes .

" Lucrative interest comes in only when a contract hasn't been involved yet. Meaning you had to have thought about that before putting your signature on a paper " Mr Jaquish counters.