Chapter twenty eight- when will murder serve a less penalty?

I don't know who these words are gonna help today, but I want you ( anyone reading this) to know that no matter what happens in life or how people make you feel irrelevant, you should keep on smiling.

One day, you'll be the one they will look up to. It's just a matter of time.

#smile_because_you_matter

A new part.

Enjoy--------------------------------

Hunter's P.O.V.
———————

  After a long and unsurprisingly annoying day of work, I arrive home a few to seven.

   Edward comes to drive my vehicle to the garage but I stop him before he can ask.

" No need. I'll be dropping off Iris and bringing her back soon enough "

  He responded with a bow and walks stealthily behind me as we approached my front door that was left slightly open.

Courtesy of Edward.

When I step inside the first picture to greet me is Cheryn carrying Louisa on her lap and giggling feveriously about what I do not understand.

" But what if she sees me?" The little girl asked and that makes me know she hasn't taken note of my presence.

" Should I promise you?" Cheryn smiled brightly eliciting a happy chuckle from the kid.

" Pinky swear " This came from the small one as she stretches out her obviously too tiny finger to seal the deal.

  But Cheryn quickly sees me and acknowledges my presence.

" Good evening Mr McConnell "

  Those words were a stop sign to Louisa because as soon as she heard me reply to Cheryn, she hurriedly jumped off her lap and was about to bail down the hall.

" Louisa stop!" I called her back, almost like a warning.

  And she screeched to a halt before she could escape, but she didn't dare turn to look at me.

With her back in my direction, I asked her what I needed.

" Where is your mother?"

  I was expecting a tiny voice of response but rather a more mature voice gives me an answer.

" I'm here" Iris emerges from the hallway and like a magnetic juju, her kid was behind her in seconds for covering.

  My eyes trailed up from the kid to her mother and it took the graces from heaven for lips to remain closed.

  God! That gown should be banned from stock.

A casual evening dress that would have looked simple on anyone, but some curves and edges on Iris gave it a whole new definition.

  The leopard print on one side and the black and white pattern on the other made it an elegant attire that extended to just below her knee.

  Her make up was light, the only highlights standing out were her eyeliner and pink glossy lips.

  She let her hair down and it fell out in waves all over her face, framing it to have a nice splendor.

  This look was far too much for just a business discussion.

" What are you wearing?" I asked eyeing her waringly from top to bottom.

" It's a signature look from the brand, none of your business "